Do you love talking to people? Are you passionate about UX research and want everyone to feel excited about it? If the answer’s yes, then this could be the next role for you!
UX Research has taken comparethemarket.com by storm, so we’re looking for a new researcher to join our growing team.
As only the second UX Researcher, you’ll have the opportunity to build research practices at Comparethemarket.com, managing and delivering impactful research that benefits the lives of millions of UK consumers.
You’ll drive awareness of UX research tools and services, and with the luxury of our in-house research lab, help colleagues across the business observe the power of user research first-hand.
What will it take?
As an experienced UX researcher, you’ll be adept at choosing the best qualitative and quantitative research methods to solve the problem at hand. And with the business having well and truly having caught the UX research bug, you’ll quickly be dipping into your repertoire of research approaches.
You’ll have a solid understanding and proven application of good user centred design, and already be using your excellent storytelling skills to influence decision making through the insights you uncover.
Above all, you will be passionate about research and champion this across the business.
Wherever you’ve gained your experience, you will demonstrate the core values of the BGL Group and comparethemarket.com; you’ll be creative, innovative and capable of making a difference. The successful candidate will be decisive, resilient and personable, and will bring genuine integrity and enthusiasm to bear when working with internal stakeholders and external partners.
When we meet you’ll be able to demonstrate some (if not all) of these skills & attributes:
- A record of delivering insights that influence product, design and wider business decisions
- Experience of managing end-to-end research activities, including planning, execution, analysis and insight delivery
- Use of multiple research methods - usability testing, focus groups, guerrilla research, contextual interviews, heuristic reviews, card sorting, rapid prototype testing, remote testing
- Ability to analyse quantitative and qualitative data to deliver actionable insights
- A creative thinker, with the ability to problem solve and identify solutions
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Can do attitude with high levels of resilience
- Ability to adopt a pragmatic approach to delivering research - prioritising and adapting to meet time and opportunity constraints
- Strong relationship management and external agency management
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A passion for learning and keeping up to date with the latest trends and practices
Why work for comparethemarket.com?
We’re proud of our reputation for offering an independent and impartial comparison service on car and home insurance products. But we do a whole lot more.
With over 16 product lines ranging from travel insurance and pet insurance to energy and credit card comparison, the projects you work on will be very varied.
You could be gathering insights that optimise one of our current live journeys or working with users to help design a brand spanking new customer reward.
And you’ll be rewarded too! The benefits package is excellent and comprehensive. You’ll earn a competitive salary and you will be part of an annual bonus scheme that could yield 10% of your salary.
We offer a contributory pension, private medical insurance, life assurance and range of other benefits that you would expect from a good employer.
Perhaps most importantly in this role you will have the opportunity to work with some outstanding people in a fun and thriving environment.
This role can be based in either London or Peterborough but there will be travel to London on a weekly basis – with flexibility needed when using our London-based research lab.
Click on apply – tell us about yourself and together let’s work out if this role is a fit.