As a UX Designer for comparethemarket.com you will be keen to disrupt traditional ways of working, helping us define the next generation of price comparison by taking a user centred approach to the design of features, products and services that are easy to use and loved by our customers!
It's an exciting time to join UX Design at comparethemarket.com, the success we've seen over the past year means that we’re growing and we’re on the hunt for incredible UX Designers to join our team. As a Designer you will play a key role in designing, improving and validating a variety of new experiences for our customers, across all of our products and services – from mobile app to responsive web. You’ll drive awareness and use of UX tools and services, and help colleagues across the business understand and influence customer engagement.
Research is at the heart of everything we do, and you’ll get to learn first-hand from customers from all walks of life to understand their motivations, needs, and frustrations at our new usability lab. This insight is what informs and validates our experience design for existing services, and our new innovations.
We’re extremely proud of our UX team and have ambitious plans for experience redesign projects over the coming months. If you’re looking to be challenged and can design transformational mobile app and web-based customer experiences then we’d love to hear more from you.
We’re keen to find the right people for the job, so whether you’re looking for a role in our London hub or would prefer to be in our Peterborough HQ site, let us know what suits you - as agile enthusiasts we’re happy to be flexible with location!
What will you be responsible for as a UX Designer?
Reporting to the Senior UX Design Manager, you’ll work with the wider UX team across our Peterborough and London sites to produce, use and evolve our UX design, including our guidelines and patterns – defining and improving experiences for our customers.
- Drive awareness and wider use of the tools and services to help areas of the business understand and influence customer engagement
- Produce and evolve UX guidelines that will sit happily alongside existing brand and UI guidelines and their use across projects
- Delivery of clearly defined, well-communicated and validated user experience designs that drive customer understanding and engagement for business metrics
- Interpretation of data and analytics and the use of user centred design principles at every stage of a project to generate well designed products that innovate
- Putting the customer and team first, acting as a customer champion across the business
What will it take to be successful?
- Experience in user experience design with a proven passion for building cutting-edge mobile and web based customer experiences
- An understanding of business goals and the right UX approach to fulfil those goals
- A hunger to learn, proactively keeping up to date with developments in the applicable technical and professional areas of expertise
- A proven ability to creatively problem-solve, ideally with experience of working in an Agile environment
- Outstanding consumer understanding, with excellent communication skills that can be tailored for our stakeholders and customers
We never stand still…
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services.
We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, CompareTheMarket, Beagle Street, Junction, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas. We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it!
We grow because we are…
We are AMBITIOUS. We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability.
We are CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's.
We are AUTHENTIC. We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
We are UNITED. We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together.