This is an exciting time to come on board, as you’ll take the lead in defining and applying a consistent style of copy across our whole product portfolio.
You’ll help with copy for end to end experiences placing the customer at the heart of every decision you and the team make. You’ll be able to see your suggestions and guidelines implemented and scaled quickly across the whole site by being the sole UX Copywriter working in a UX team of more than 20 people.
Alongside this, you’ll also get the chance to work alongside a variety of other great teams across the business (tech, brand team, CRM and marketing etc.) and thus must be an experienced and confident communicator that is eager to run projects and get their hands stuck into an autonomous role.
- Work alongside the UX members of your team and ensure you’re effectively establishing yourself as a customer advocate
- Establish yourself as the principal voice of UX writing that others can look to for regarding good microcopy and in-journey experiences
- Take immediate responsibility for strategy and ensure you meet deadlines
- Join co-design sessions with UX and ensure smooth communication is maintained across the content and CRM departments
- Regularly communicate with senior stakeholders and ensure your strategies are understood
- Facilitate in-house qualitative research sessions throughout the entire process and observe users as they scroll through the brand’s latest prototypes
What it'll take to be successful as a UX Copywriter at Compare the Market:
- Deep background with copywriting and working with UX teams
- Passionate team player that can coach and mentor when needed
- Expert written communicator that can simplify complex jargon and write user friendly info
- Experienced with A/B testing, qualitative testing and remote and unmoderated user testing
- People person that can manage expectations
- Highly organised and able to calmy meet deadlines
- Background creating tone of voice documentation or working in design systems
- Understanding of the relationship between accessibility and usability with digital products with demonstrable knowledge of WCAG compliance
- Prior background working in sprints and bringing UX copy into projects
- Preferable knowledge of design tools (Sketch, Figma etc.)
Why choose us?
You’ll have heard of Compare the Market and the meerkats no doubt – we’re one of the UK’s most loved brands and regularly produce award winning creative. We’re a diverse and talented team of passionate professionals and the opportunities to develop and grow are unrivalled. You’ll be part of something special – helping to keep our customers lives simples.
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services.
We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, Compare the Market, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas. We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it!
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout our application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made please let us know. We’ll work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.