Based out of our London or Cambridgeshire office, the Director for Technology and Architecture will set a technology vision that will ultimately reduce the burden of life admin for over 10 million people!
Whilst our customers are unlikely to love comparison as much as we do, we're motivated by saving them time and money, whilst helping them find the right product. We want this process to be as simple as possible and support this by adopting leading technology, working with leading suppliers and recruiting the best people. We're passionate about using technology to transform comparison and rewarding our customers for sorting out their life admin.
Midway through the delivery of our Technology Strategy we seek an individual who can oversee the completion of its rollout, whilst identifying how technology will disrupt the comparison experience of the future.
What will you be responsible for as CtM’s Technology & Architecture Director?
- Being CtM’s strongest technologist
- Provide thought leadership on the design of systems to meet our availability, scalability, security & speed to market targets
- Delivering competitive advantage through innovative use of technology
- Conduct Research & Development to explore and assess the application of technology for competitive advantage
- Defining the stack from Infrastructure, Platform, API through to UI
- Owning CtM’s tech principles, tech adoption processes & operational (Service Level Objectives (SLOs)
- Define Product Team architectural & design freedom, and govern responsible adherence to our Tech Principles and Operational SLOs
- Creating & evolving CtM’s architecture, collaborating with Product Teams to deliver
- Ensure CtM’s tech governance processes operate effectively
What will it take to be successful as CtM’s Technology & Architecture Director?
- Ability to switch mind-sets between that of a customer, architect, entrepreneur, engineer and hacker
- Experience in Senior Tech leadership roles, ideally gained in a digital/online business
- Experience of rapidly & frequently delivering features to market without trading quality for time
- Great leadership, communication, negotiation & influencing skills with the ability to delivery a technical vision
- Driven to continuously improve
- Able to quickly make sound and risk-based judgements
- Experience of Agile, Scrum, Lean, Kanban,
We never stand still…
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. Home to, many brands including LesFurets, CompareTheMarket, BeagleStreet, Junction, BudgetInsurance and DialDirect. We are trusted by more than 10 million customer in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas. We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it.
We grow because we are…
AMBITIOUS. We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability.
We are CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's.
We are AUTHENTIC. We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
We are UNITED. We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together.