We are a diverse team from all different backgrounds and countries, we like to challenge each other and the way we work and we are always looking to improve. We have regular team days & nights out and pair up and mob on a regular basis.
Everyone in the team has an equal say on how we work, the design of our architecture and the code we write
At Compare The Market our passion is creating great software, we look to push the boundaries with new technologies so that we can deliver the very best for our customers and our Technical Leads are at the heart of delivering this. We value everyone's opinion in building top class software, the role of a Technical Lead is crucial in setting technical direction and building team consensus. About you:
We want Technical Leads with an enthusiasm for new and emerging technologies who work best in a collaborative environment. We are passionate about empowering our employees and do the same with our consumers, allowing them to compare, choose and purchase the most suitable product for them.
- Are you the kind of developer that knows quality is a team effort and everyone gets involved at all stages?
- Want to build code you're proud of and improve the systems, the process and the people around you?
- Do you want to get involved in disrupting the technology market with innovative ideas?
- Agile, XP, Lean, Pairing, TDD, championing automation and driving CI/CD with a delivery focus. Do all of these come to mind when thinking about great ways to work?
What will you be responsible for as a Technical Lead at comparethemarket.com?
You will definitely be hands on within this role and your time coding will probably be around 50-75% of your time each week.
Because you will be working within a team we put a big emphasis on leading by example in Building, Running and Owning (BRO) your services with a focus on enhancing speed to market, stability and scalability for the whole of CTM.
You’ll be ensuring that all solutions adhere to technical architecture, principles, standards and governance processes and contain all of the agreed artefacts of delivery.
You’ll be working with the team, Product Owner, Solution Architect and Application Architect, using your technical context to help prioritise the feature backlog and deliver business outcomes in an optimal way.
You’ll be working together with the team to agree the technical roadmap and realise the architectural vision for your product whilst considering the practicalities of delivery.
Championing quality and technical excellence at all times is key, contributing to the agile process and continuously improving all aspects of delivery is important to you.As a successful Technical Lead at Compare The Market, you will:
Why choose us:
- Be an advocate extreme programming, keen to test first, deploy often and pair program
- Have a high level of coding standards (SOLID, KISS, DRY, YAGNI and Tell-Don't-Ask, testing approaches, TDD) with a polyglot approach to problem solving
- Be a customer focused, natural influencer and negotiator with an enthusiasm for motivating teams
- Be an active learner, with a passion for keeping up to date with emerging technologies, and able to pick up new concepts fast
- Proven experience of coaching, mentoring and driving technical excellence from a team of engineers
- An understanding of DevOps and a desire to get teams to take as much ownership of this as possible.
- Work in a collaborative team environment with lots of pairing and mobbing
- Be in an environment where you're encouraged to innovate and share your own ideas with monthly personal development and enjoy career progression that you own and drive
- Be responsible for the code you write and getting it live to customers with a test first deploy often approach (Build it, Run it, own it)
- Some of the technologies we use, you don’t have to know all of these but the more the better:
The benefits package and salary are competitive and comprehensive. As a part of the BGL group you'll enjoy a contributory pension, life assurance, a progressive workplace, free weekly team breakfasts, great facilities (including a great coffee machine, pool table and tennis table) and rewards as well as a range of other benefits that you would expect from a great employer.
Perhaps most importantly, you will have the opportunity to work with some outstanding people in a fun and thriving environment.