We have an exciting opportunity to join us at comparethemarket.com as a Technical Lead in the node.js based back-end services team. At comparethemarket.com, we look to push the edge with new technologies so that we can deliver the very best for our customers. Our team spirit means everyone's opinion is important in building top class software. Your role will be pivotal in building new microservices across our business using cutting-edge technologies; delivering customer value, high quality and simplicity at pace.
We are looking for people who are passionate about leading a team through coaching and mentoring whilst instilling good ways of working using Agile/XP practices; so if the below sounds like you we want to hear from you.
- Are you a collaborative Leader that knows quality is a team effort and encourages the team to get involved?
- Do you build code that you're proud of and share this to improve the systems, the processes and the people around you?
- Are you someone who is comfortable to work with people both with a technical and non-technical background?
- Do you flourish working in teams, being heard and sharing the passion you have for creating software?
As a Technical Lead at CtM you will be:
- Investigating and driving software engineering best practices both within the team and across the business
- Collaborating with Architects to help shape future solutions and promote the target vision
- Championing continuous improvement and technical excellence in the team
- Coaching and mentoring other engineers to drive results
What will it take to be successful?
- Self-motivated, natural leader and motivator
- Great communicator, influencer and negotiator
- You will be an advocate of agile engineering practices and lean principles, TDD, deploying often, pair programming and keeping things simple and be a great coach and mentor to encourage others.
- High level of coding standards and practices (design patterns, testing approaches).
- Active learner, both within your technical and professional area of expertise, and as part of your own career development
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We have reached 9.5 million customers through brands including CompareTheMarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it!
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.