Here at BGL Life we like to be different – we’ve sold life insurance products and services unique to the market since 2012. We’ve continued to change the narrative of life insurance to be less complex and replaced it with simplicity, speed and value, to allow our customers to obtain a quote in just 60 seconds and be covered in as little as 10 minutes! Our digital, technical and data capabilities are something to be proud of, and we recognise there’s still more to be done!
We’re investing in our 5-year strategic plan to grow, evolve and further expand our customer base and business presence through innovative digital solutions & technical advancement. We’re on the lookout for a Technical lead to:
- Lead and inspire the Software Engineering teams in delivery. Accountable for our Engineering processes, deliverables and best practices
- Lead by example and develop first class tech solutions, promoting and ensuring quality
- Work with the Solutions Architect to help shape future solutions and promote the target vision within the team
- Champion continuous improvement and technical excellence within the delivery teams
- Coach and mentor other engineers in technical excellence
What will it take to be successful as our software Technical Lead?
• Great communicator, influencer and negotiator as you’ll be a point of escalation for the teams
• Advocate of agile engineering practices and lean principles, TDD, deploying often, pair programming and keeping things simple
• Passionate about quality, design assurance and technical excellence
• High level of coding standards and practices (OO, design patterns, testing approaches)
• Active learner, both within your technical and professional area of expertise, & taking control of your own career development
Knowledge of our technologies is highly advantageous (React, .Net, Java and RPG) with a willingness to be able to code in multiple languages/technologies, and coach and mentor our engineers to technical excellence.
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10 million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
Diversity and Inclusion: We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout our application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made please let us know. We’ll work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.
Flexible working: We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.