This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s best-known brands, as a Technical Lead in our Business Intelligence (BI) team at comparethemarket.com. Your role will be pivotal in shaping the overall BI engineering team’s direction and vision, leading the team to deliver the business’s strategic projects.
In this role, you will use cutting edge technology to generate real value for the business with an emphasis on quality, data democratisation and self-serve. You’ll be an active learner keeping up to date with state-of-the-art technology; attending external events and conducting research to propel the team forwards. Acting as liaison between BI Engineering and our business teams you will ensure that the BI platform can provide fast, agile and secure access to data to meet the demands of the business. You will be responsible for the design, build and management of BI stack including the data warehouse and ETL. Working with Architects, Data Engineering and the wider Data team you will also help shape the overall data platform design and capabilities.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about cutting edge Analytics/BI technologies, best practices and has our customers at the heart of everything that they do by safeguarding and protecting their data. We will support you by encouraging you to attend conferences, motivating you to stay up to date with new technology and giving you the autonomy to drive innovation.
What will it take?
• Experience of Line Management, coaching or mentoring experience
• Experience of working in agile development environment
• Experience of cloud based data platforms – we currently use AWS
• Experience designing and developing Business Intelligence and Analytic platforms – we primarily use Redshift for data warehouse and occasionally SQL Server
• Extensive experience data modelling for BI - data lakes, data warehouse, BI and analytic platforms
• Experience working with large, complex datasets
• Good understanding of CI/CD pipelines
• Experience of one or more of following technologies; AWS Redshift, Databricks, Apache Airflow, Python, Apache Spark, Power BI, SQL Server stack including SSIS, GoCD
• The ability to understand business logic and communicate with a range of stakeholders
• Strong organisation and planning skills
Why choose us?
You might already know us - we're the ones with the Meerkats! Compare the Market has helped revolutionise the insurance market and we have been growing rapidly since starting in 2006.
We are on a mission to transform the comparison industry, moving beyond endless forms and generic search results, to a highly personalised, service-led experience. In order to do so, we recognise that we need to consistently deliver seamless, personalised customer experiences through a connected data and technology ecosystem.
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services.
We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, Beagle Street, Junction, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it!
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.