BGL Group are keen to speak with creative and ambitious individuals who are looking to get into statistical anaylsis. As an Analyst at BGL Group you’ll be delivering market-leading pricing strategies using innovative, world class analytical approaches.
You’re motivated by the intellectual challenge of using statistics and advanced analytics to develop more powerful pricing models. You’ll work with some of the leading experts in insurance pricing who will help you develop your analytical skills even further. The environment around you will encourage you to think disruptively, finding new analytical approaches that will deliver an even more powerful outcome.
There will also be the opportunity to learn a vast array of statistical approaches, from the more traditional approaches (e.g. logistic regression) to machine learning algorithms at the cutting edge of data science.
What will it take to be successful as a Statistician?
- Someone who is highly numerate, with a graduate or postgraduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics or another analytical subject
- You may have work experience in an analytical role where you will have demonstrated your ability to use statistical models to generate business value. Or it may be your first job after leaving University
- Rigorousness and quality-consciousness with a desire to learn new approaches and stretch analytical boundaries
- Confident, self-motivated with strong communication skills and able to clearly convey complex concepts to stakeholders
- Exposure to using packages such as SAS, or R to solve analytical problems
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We have reached 9.5 million customers through brands including CompareTheMarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it!
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.