At BGL Group (Home of Compare The Market), we have on offer a role that will suit an experienced technology leader seeking visibility and influence over our target architecture, design assurance and engineering best practices for our commercial Insurance Intermediary division.
In this role you’ll join a small team of Solution Architects to provide technical leadership and architectural integrity across all portfolios with regards to improving security, stability, scalability, and speed to market.
As such, you’ll be key in coaching and nurturing our Technical Lead community regarding technical excellence and solution design to help empower our agile software delivery teams.
What will it take to be successful as a Solutions Architect?
As an accomplished senior leader, you’ll likely be:
- Accustomed to engaging at a local level, and representing architectural expertise at leadership steering meetings
- A confident speaker who can engage different audiences effectively. You’re well versed in stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Known for delivery and continuous improvement that has achieved commercial impact
- Effective coach/mentor that has driven high performing standards and deliverables
- An advocate within your community for technical, personal and professional development
Your technical capability:
- Proven experience of delivering architectures to meet commercial objectives, improve security, availability, efficiency or productivity
- Experience working with multiple patterns, domains, languages and persistence mechanisms as well as distributed systems
- Advocate of lean principles, keen to code and perform research and development into new technologies
Whilst we think the above skills are preferential, we remain open to hear from applicants that come from various backgrounds who believe they have some transferable skills for consideration. We will continue to review and progress the most qualified and suitable individuals.
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
Diversity and Inclusion: We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
Flexible working: We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.
We’re open to discussing base location and ways of working with this role throughout the application and interview process.
If you want to know more about our tech stack and ways of working, you can read more on our Medium blog page under BGL-Tech