Challenge. Create. Deliver. Evolve
At BGL our customers are at the heart of what we do, and our passion is to create great customer experiences.
We’re looking for Software Engineers who share this passion and enjoy working in collaborative, agile teams. As part of our new Tech Hub in Sunderland, you will deliver first class customer propositions to some of the UK’s most iconic brands and businesses.
We empower all of our colleagues in a supportive environment that offers interesting work and great work-life balance.
• Develop high quality software as part of an agile delivery team
• Positive approach to solve complex problems and issues collaboratively
• Champion simplicity and creative solutions
• Contribute to the evolving culture of innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement
• Understand how our customers use our products and apply that insight to the software you create
• Contribute to the development of colleagues through coaching or mentor other engineers within the team
• Participate in our SWE community and share your insights and learning with others
• Collaborate within a full stack delivery team who may be utilising .Net, Integration/Mulesoft, Doc1, RPG and other technologies
Desirable skills and experience.
At BGL Tech we invest in our people and their skills development. If you can answer yes to most of the following, then get in touch. For the right candidate, we will support you to fill in any knowledge gaps.
• Experience writing clean, effective code using TDD as standard
• Understanding of Object Oriented Principles, SOLID, and OWASP
• Passionate about technology, with a desire to learn new technologies
• Experienced in an Agile working environment
• Be a key contributor to a learning culture; sharing knowledge and learning from others
• A team player that delivers well-thought-out solutions
BGL Tech Benefits
• 5% pension contribution
• Up to 30 days holiday (depending on your level), not including bank holidays
• Ability to buy / sell annual leave
• Flexible working
• Innovation days
• Access to coaching, mentoring and online skills development
• 2 for 1 Meerkat Meals and Movies
• Free desk massage
• Subsidised on site restaurant
• Optional healthcare plan and Virtual GP services
We are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services to 9.5 million customers. The Group is organised in two Divisions: Insurance, Distribution and Outsourcing (IDO) and Price Comparison.
IDO provides a range of motor, home and life insurance products in partnership with several of the best-known brands in UK financial services and through own brands Budget Insurance, Dial Direct, Beagle Street and FiftyLife, all supported by state-of-the-art contact centres and digital platforms.
BGL Tech is the technology group within IDO responsible for the digital platform used by our high street brand partners.
With nearly 3,000 colleagues in the UK and Paris, we understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance. Whether it’s working from home, flexible hours, part-time or job share, we aim to create an environment where colleagues can feel empowered to build a flexible working culture to cater to both their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them and for the business.