At comparethemarket.com, we look to push the edge with new technologies so that we can deliver the very best for our customers. Our team spirit means everyone's opinion is important in building top class software. We are advocates and evangelists of Agile methodologies so that we can adapt and change course depending on business needs. Our focus is our customer, building UX driven software that we believe will make a difference.
We are looking for people who are passionate about good ways of working using Agile/XP practices; so, if the below sounds like you we want to hear from you!
• Are you the kind of developer that knows quality is a team effort and everyone gets involved at all stages?
• Want to build code you're proud of and improve the systems, the process and the people around you
• Do you want to get involved in disrupting the technology market with innovative ideas?
• Agile, XP, Lean, Pairing, TDD, championing automation and driving CI/CD with a delivery focus all spring to mind when thinking about good ways of working
• You're a passionate developer who can work effectively with other people.
• You thrive on working in teams, being heard and sharing the passion you have for creating software. You have a passion for building great software with the right tech
As a ctm engineer, you will:
• Have good working knowledge of OO and design patterns
• Have experience in Agile, such as Lean, XP, Scrum and Kanban.
• Possess an enthusiasm for new and emerging technologies
• Work in a collaborative team environment with lots of pairing and mobbing
• Be in an environment where you're encouraged to innovate and share your own ideas with monthly personal development
• Enjoy career progression that you own and drive
• Be responsible for the code you write and getting it live to customers with a test first deploy often approach (Build it, Run it, own it)
• Understanding of non-functional requirements, quality assurance and continued improvement methods
• Have a solid amount of experience in Node.js
• Be dedicated to deliver high quality well tested software.
• Have exposure to a core software craftsmanship toolset, including: SOLID, KISS, DRY, YAGNI and Tell-Don't-Ask
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We have reached 9.5 million customers through brands including CompareTheMarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it!
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.