What’s the challenge?
As a Software Engineer (Android) at comparethemarket.com you will contribute within the Mobile team to deliver first class mobile solutions and be part of an evolving culture of innovation, enthusiasm and passion.
At comparethemarket.com (CTM) our passion is creating great software; we look to push the boundaries with new technologies so that we can deliver the very best for our customers and our Software Engineers are at the heart of delivering this. We value everyone’s opinion in building top class software.
We want Software Engineers with an unrivalled enthusiasm for new and emerging technologies who work best in a collaborative team environment. We are passionate about empowering our employees and do the same with our consumers, allowing them to compare, choose and purchase the most suitable product for them.
What will it take to be successful as a Software Engineer (Android)?
- You’ll be an advocate of extreme programming, keen to test first, deploy often and some pair programming
- You’ll have a high level of coding standards (OO, design patterns, testing approaches, TDD)
- You’ll be a customer focused
- You’ll be an active learner, with a passion for keeping up to date with emerging technologies, and able to pick up new concepts fast
- You’ll be able to make an impact and gain the respect of the team
- Good knowledge of Android SDK, Kotlin / Java and XML
- Knowledge of thin view architecture (MVP/ MVVM/ MVI or similar)
- Exposure to Gradle build process and Continuous Integration
- Experience in writing Unit Tests (JUnit), UI tests (Espresso) and Mocking (Mockito)
- Experience of multi-threading and working with frameworks such as RxJava and dependency injection such as Dagger
- Experience working with REST APIs and offline caching
Why choose us?
You might already know us - we're the ones with the Meerkats! Compare the Market has helped revolutionise the insurance market and we have been growing rapidly since starting in 2006.
We are on a mission to transform the comparison industry, moving beyond endless forms and generic search results, to a highly personalised, service-led experience. In order to do so, we recognise that we need to consistently deliver seamless, personalised customer experiences through a connected data and technology ecosystem.
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services.
We’re growing, and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, Beagle Street, Junction, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
We enjoy what we do, and we have fun doing it!
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.
We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout the application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made please let us know. We will work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.