We are looking for software engineers to join our partnerships team building solutions with some of the UKs largest brands. You'll be part of a team working on multiple projects across many different aspects of the business. You'll have a passion for quality and performance and also be able to communicate well with our external customers.
We don’t just think of an engineer as just about the technical skills you have; it’s also the way you work and the culture and practices you bring, we are looking for people who are passionate about good ways of working using Agile/XP practices; so, if the below sounds like you we want to hear from you.
At comparethemarket.com, we look to push the edge with new technologies so that we can deliver the very best for our customers. Our team spirit means everyone's opinion is important in building top class software.
We are advocates and evangelists of Agile methodologies so that we are able to adapt and change course depending on business needs. Our focus is our customer, building UX driven software that we believe will make a difference.
• Are you the kind of engineer that knows quality is a team effort and everyone gets involved at all stages?
• Want to build code you're proud of and improve the systems, the process and the people around you?
• You’ll be constantly challenged, working on multiple products – not just doing small tasks to improve a single project.
• Do you want to get involved in disrupting the technology market with innovative ideas?
• Agile, XP, Lean, Pairing, TDD, championing automation and driving CI/CD with a delivery focus. Do all of these come to mind when thinking about great ways to work?
You're a passionate engineer who is able to work effectively with other people, not only with in the business but also be able to extend these skills, to work with technical and product teams of our external partners.
You thrive on working in teams, being heard and sharing the passion you have for creating software. You have a passion for building great software with the coolest new tech.
As a CtM engineer, you will have and be involved in:
• Good working knowledge of OO and design patterns
• Experience in Agile, including Lean, XP and Kanban
• An unrivalled enthusiasm for new and emerging technologies
• Work in a collaborative team environment with lots of pairing and mobbing
• Be in an environment where you're encouraged to innovate and share your own ideas with monthly personal development
• Be responsible for the code you write and getting it live to customers with a test first deploy often approach (Build it, Run it, own it)
You will have:
• Understanding of non-functional requirements, quality assurance and continued improvement methods.
• Desire to work on the Full Stack and be able to find a solution to any problem
• Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure or using containers.
• Knowledge of TDD or test frameworks such as Mocha, Jasmine or Sinon.
• Dedication to deliver high quality well tested software.
Why choose us?
The benefits package and salary are competitive and comprehensive. As a part of the BGL group you'll enjoy a contributory pension, life assurance, a progressive workplace, free weekly team breakfasts, great facilities and rewards as well as a range of other benefits that you would expect from a great employer.
Perhaps most importantly, you will have the opportunity to work with some outstanding people in a fun and thriving environment.
If you can see yourself succeeding in this role, it would be great to speak to you. The first step is to apply.