What’s the challenge?
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will be tightly integrated within the Agile product engineering team and contribute to our evolving culture of innovation, enthusiasm and passion. You will ensure we test at the right level and drive automation to provide fast and reliable feedback.What will it take to be successful as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)?
- Develop first class product solutions in an agile product team
- Contribute actively to the SDET community, influencing the technical direction
- Work across teams to deliver initiatives, sharing new technologies and techniques
- Proactive and take the initiative
- Exploit technology to deliver value for our customers
- Use your analytical skills to solve complex problems
- Work alongside team members and deliver new functionality
- Actively share your knowledge
- Minimise number of incidents discovered in production
- Ensure delivery is always at a high standard
- Ensure testing is at the right level
- Contribute to the agile processes to ensure a high standard of delivery
- Experience of Ruby or C#, Selenium, Watir, Capybara, Coypu, GIT, Jenkins/Go
- Experience of building frameworks such as Cucumber or Specflow
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Performing risk mitigation with respect to testing • Facilitate team conversations to reach decisions and outcomes
- Team first, no ego - part of a great team united around making an impact.
- Give and ask for feedback regularly
- Champion the end customer always
- Ability to make an impact and gain respect
Why choose us?
You might already know us - we're the ones with the Meerkats! Compare the Market has helped revolutionise the insurance market and we have been growing rapidly since starting in 2006.
We are on a mission to transform the comparison industry, moving beyond endless forms and generic search results, to a highly personalised, service-led experience. In order to do so, we recognise that we need to consistently deliver seamless, personalised customer experiences through a connected data and technology ecosystem.
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services.
We’re growing, and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, Beagle Street, Junction, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it!
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.
Opening Date: 19th November 2019
Closing Date: 19th December 2019