BGL Life have a fantastic new opportunity for a Senior Underwriting Development Manager to join our team during an exciting period of growth.
About this role:
- You will design underwriting rules to achieve business goals to improve straight through processing, conversion rates and customer experience whilst maintaining high quality of risk management.
- Propose prioritisation of changes based on analysis of MI, customer feedback, adviser feedback and reinsurer feedback.
- Understand the changing needs of our distribution channels and partners to input to the design of and lead the implementation of a strategy that maximises BGL Life's opportunities
- Develop and manage strong relationships with each system provider and reinsurer partner to develop ideas and sign off for proposed improvements.
Why Join BGL Life?
Here at BGL Life we like to be different – we’ve sold life insurance products and services unique to the market since 2012. We’ve continued to change the narrative of life insurance to be less complex and replaced it with simplicity, speed and value, to allow our customers to obtain a quote in just 60 seconds and be covered in as little as 10 minutes! Our digital, technical and data capabilities are something to be proud of, and we recognise there’s still more to be done. We’re focused on significant growth plans and are investing in several key strategic projects and initiatives over the next 12+ months.
We’re a unique business division with a start-up feel, operating within an established fintech business that has clear goals to disrupt the markets we choose to operate in. We’re offering an opportunity for you to make strides in our product roadmap, whilst clearly and significantly distinguishing ourselves further from our competitors and pre-empting innovative customer product needs.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Instil and drive a culture of continuous underwriting improvement within the business
- Analyse data and propose changes to underwrite rules to meet business objectives
- Achieve agreement for proposed changes with reinsurers
- Implement changes agreed efficiently
- Develop and deliver appropriate testing of all changes made
- Monitor and report on impact of changes made
- Develop awareness of market approaches to rule development and evolve best practice for BGL
- Maintain an overview of developments in underwriting engines in market, including the evaluation of different types of second level evidence
What will it take to be successful as a Senior Underwriting Development Manager?
Your subject matter expertise is key in order to bring us closer to our vision, along with the courage and confidence to challenge the status quo. Ideally you will have worked with multiple underwriting engines in the UK protection market and have broad relationships with reinsurers and insurers.
- Knowledge of all protection products
- Well developed understanding of rules guides and underwriting rules engines within the UK protection market
- A minimum of 3 years underwriting development experience
- Confident analysing, presenting and drawing conclusions from data
Why Choose Us?
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. BGL Group has reached 9.5 million customers through brands including comparethemarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, BGL Insurance have a hybrid approach to working between the office and remote working. Our office is situated in Peterborough. We have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.