We are looking for a senior developer to join our services team building micro services in Node.js.
We are a diverse team from all different backgrounds and countries, we like to challenge each other and the way we work and we are always looking to improve. We have regular team days & nights out and pair up and mob on a regular basis.
Everyone in the team has an equal say on how we work, the design of our architecture and the code we write.
At comparethemarket.com, we look to push the edge with new technologies so that we can deliver the very best for our customers. Our team spirit means everyone's opinion is important in building top class software.
We are advocates and evangelists of Agile methodologies so that we are able to adapt and change course depending on business needs. Our focus is our customer, building UX driven software that we believe will make a difference.
We don’t just think of a senior as just about the technical skills you have; its also the way you work and the culture and practices you bring, we are looking for people who are passionate about good ways of working using Agile/XP practices; so if the below sounds like you we want to hear from you.
- Are you the kind of developer that knows quality is a team effort and everyone gets involved at all stages?
- Want to build code you're proud of and improve the systems, the process and the people around you
- Do you want to get involved in disrupting the technology market with innovative ideas?
- Agile, XP, Lean, Pairing, TDD, Championing automation and driving CI/CD with a delivery focus all spring to mind when thinking about good ways of working
- You're a passionate developer who is able to work effectively with other people.
- You thrive on working in teams, being heard and sharing the passion you have for creating software. You have a passion for building great software with the right tech
As a ctm engineer, you will:
- Have good working knowledge of OO and design patterns
- Have experience in Agile, such as Lean, XP, Scrum and Kanban.
- Possess an enthusiasm for new and emerging technologies
- Work in a collaborative team environment with lots of pairing and mobbing
- Be in an environment where you're encouraged to innovate and share your own ideas with monthly personal development
- Enjoy career progression that you own and drive
- Be responsible for the code you write and getting it live to customers with a test first deploy often approach (Build it, Run it, own it)
- Understanding of non-functional requirements, quality assurance and continued improvement methods
- Have a good amount of experience in Node.js
- Be dedicated to deliver high quality well tested software.
- A core software craftsmanship toolset, including: SOLID, KISS, DRY, YAGNI and Tell-Don't-Ask
Why choose us?
The benefits package and salary are comprehensive; As a part of the BGL group you’ll earn a competitive salary with an annual bonus of up to 10%, 25 days annual leave, private medical cover and a range of benefits that you’d expect from a great employer. Perhaps more importantly in this role you’ll have the opportunity to work with some outstanding people in a fun and thriving environment.
We focus on wellbeing (fresh fruit, discounted gym memberships, virtual GP), flexible benefits ‘to suit you’, unique perks, fab draw, fun days, instant rewards, movie nights, quiz nights and you get to choose your own kit.
Cool stuff for White Collar Factory
Roof Bar with fantastic terrace views, roof Running Track, Monthly Innovation and learning days, great work-life balance, MacBook Pros for all new starters, Pool Table, Table Tennis, Playstation, High End Coffee Machine Regular Free Desk Massage. Regular MeetUps and Social evenings. 300 secure Bike Racks, Showers and Lockers, Free Fruit & Cereal & weekly team breakfasts
If you can see yourself succeeding in this role, it would be great to speak to you. The first step is to apply.