Challenge. Build. Learn. Grow
As a Senior Android Software Engineer at comparethemarket.com you will drive the technical direction within the Android Mobile team delivering first class mobile solutions and contributing to an evolving culture of innovation, enthusiasm and passion.
At comparethemarket.com (CTM) our passion is creating great software, we look to push the boundaries with new technologies so that we can deliver the very best for our customers and our Technical Leads are at the heart of delivering this. We value everyone’s opinion in building top class software, the role of a Technical Lead is crucial in setting technical direction and building team consensus.
We want Technical Leads with an unrivaled enthusiasm for new and emerging technologies who work best in a collaborative team environment. We are passionate about empowering our employees and do the same with our consumers, allowing them to compare, choose and purchase the most suitable product for them.
What will you be responsible for as a Senior Android Software Engineer at comparethemarket.com?
- Leading by example in Building, Running and Owning CTM’s Mobile Platform with a focus on enhancing speed to market, stability and scalability for the whole of CTM
- Increasing the understanding of technically complex areas within your product team
- Developing a first class app in an agile product team
- Exploiting mew technologies to deliver value to our customers
- Are a leader in your community of practice, influencing the technical direction for the team Work across teams to deliver initiatives, sharing new technologies and techniques
- Working with the Application Architect to agree the technical roadmap to realise the architectural vision for your product whilst considering the practicalities of delivery
- Championing quality and technical excellence at all times, contributing to the agile process and continuously improving all aspects of delivery
What will it take to be successful as a Senior Android Software Engineer at comparethemarket.com?
- You’ll be an advocate extreme programming, keen to test first, deploy often and pair program
- You’ll have a high level of coding standards (OO, design patterns, testing approaches, TDD) with a polyglot approach to problem solving
- You’ll be a customer focused, natural influencer and negotiator with an enthusiasm for motivating teams
- You’ll be an active learner, with a passion for keeping up to date with emerging technologies, and able to pick up new concepts fast
- Proven experience of coaching, mentoring and driving technical excellence from a team of engineers
We never stand still…
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. Home to, many brands including LesFurets, ComparetheMarket.com, BeagleStreet, Junction, BudgetInsurance and DialDirect. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas. We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it.
We grow because we are…
AMBITIOUS. We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability.
We are CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's.
We are AUTHENTIC. We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
We are UNITED. We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together.
Cool stuff for White Collar Factory
• Roof Bar with breathtaking terrace views • Roof Running Track • Innovation Days •Great work-life balance • MacBook Pros for all new starters • Pool Table •Table Tennis • Playstation • High End Coffee Machine • Regular Free Desk Massage • Regular MeetUps and Social evenings • 300 secure Bike Racks • Showers and Lockers • Free Fruit & Cereal & weekly team breakfasts
Opening date: 30th May 2018
Closing date: 30th June 2018