Compare the Market is one of the UK’s most loved brands. We’re best known for offering an independent and impartial comparison on car and home insurance products, but we also do a whole lot more.
On top of saving customers time and money, we aim to reduce the emotional labour of running a household. Our aim is to do the legwork on customers’ behalf, and to provide clear information and insight that help them confidently decide which product is right for them.
Authenticity, empowerment, and collaboration are the hallmarks of our Product team. Together, we own the evolution of our core digital products and continually improve the experience we deliver to customers.
We’re looking for a customer-first and data-driven product leader, influencer and decision maker who will grow our Money product vertical. We have major plans to expand in the comparison of money products (eg credit cards, loans, current accounts and savings) and this role will play a key role in our future success.
As a Senior Product Manager for Money you are responsible for shaping the product vision and roadmap for one of the most strategically important areas of the CTM Product Portfolio. Your north star is growth of your product over a 3-year horizon. Central to the role is the need to balance current commercial focus (revenue management) with longer term innovations, while keeping customers at the heart of everything we do.
Working with the engineering teams, you will be prioritizing sprint backlog while actively driving all phases of the iteration process. While partnering with Engineering and Customer Experience, you’ll own product decisions that provide the foundations of great user experiences, ensuring customer research and market insights are acted upon quickly and trade-off decisions are made effectively.
We are passionate about people challenging themselves and building on their successes with us to grow further. This role gives you the opportunity to drive amazing outcomes for millions of customers.
What will you be responsible for as a Senior Product Manager, Money at Compare the Market:
• Collaborating with customers and partners to define the vision of the product and product roadmap. Maintain a view on market trends and competitive best practices
• Translating the product roadmap into product requirements/user stories and acceptance criteria with your engineering partners
• Tracking and reporting product performance post launch in order produce success and future investment. Producing ROI analyses and optimization recommendations
• Owning growth objectives including market share, revenue, profit and return on investment for the product
• Partnering with product marketing to drive traffic and PR to represent the product in market
• Partnering with the commercial team to develop and implement optimal commercial strategies
• Prioritising the backlog and performing story elaboration with your engineering partners. Reviewing and accepting completed user stories
• Working with the design and engineering teams to develop, test and deliver the defined capabilities and rapidly iterate new solutions
• Coordinating communications, escalates and facilitates resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the product backlog
• A proven track record in digital product management; defining product strategies that deliver valuable, and measurable outcomes
• Knowledge of the Money products, ideally with some financial services experience
• Experience in launching new products and/or multiple product features within an agile environment
• Demonstrable experience working with rapid and iterative software development methodologies
• Experience partnering with 3rd party technology providers in a collaborative and agile environment
• Emotional intelligence and self-insight that enables you to quickly build trust across teams
• Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to effectively communicate and disseminate a product vision
• Proven capability making data-driven decisions, crunching numbers to create customer led solutions for business strategy, product development
Why choose us?
You might already know us - we're the ones with the Meerkats! Compare the Market has helped revolutionise the insurance market and we have been growing rapidly since starting in 2006.
The product team is an integral part of Compare the Market and are responsible for driving the evolution and the success of our digital products and experiences to ensure the successful adoption, engagement and retention of customers. We work cross functionally with our Engineering, Customer Experience, Product Marketing and Commercial teams to conceptualize, prioritise, plan and execute the development of new product features that differentiate us in the market to deliver a compelling customer experience.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.