We have an exciting opportunity to join comparethemarket.com as a Senior Portfolio Manager – Platform Operations. This role will be essential in ensuring effective delivery of prioritised cross-team technical programmes and projects portfolio in line with agreed cost and timescales, providing governance for the Platform & Operations roadmap delivery.
Joining our Platform & Operations leadership team your role will be pivotal in contributing to the definition and prioritisation of the department roadmap and initiatives. You’ll report to the Platform & Operations Associate Director and will lead and manage a skilled team of Project Managers and Business Analysts.
Managing a portfolio of cross team technical projects (Security and Cloud Platform/Infrastructure), you’ll effectively co-ordinate, provide visibility and meet tight deadlines and objectives that have been agreed with stakeholders and the business. Balancing commercial delivery and technical oversight (Risk, infoSec , Quality) will be essential, pro-actively identifying and managing risks, issues and dependencies relating to the delivery of change.
What will it take?
• Experience successfully managing multiple complex technical programmes, projects and senior stakeholders
• Experience managing and leading a team
• The ability to think pragmatically and act with a Lean mind-set
• A thorough practical understanding of the implementation of agile methodologies and prince/waterfall frameworks
• The ability to communicate with gravitas to executive stakeholders (technical and non-technical)
• Extensive skills in producing visual documentation and presentation (Powerpoint)
• The ability to take on and effectively deliver programmes and projects outside your responsibility
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We have reached 9.5 million customers through brands including CompareTheMarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it!
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.