Senior Software Engineer (Platform Services) - Peterborough
As a Senior Software Engineer within our Platform Services team at comparethemarket.com, creating and promoting the environment for realising Continuous Delivery- where change can be delivered to the hands of our customers as quickly as possible with the lowest risk to service, will be what makes you tick.
Reporting to the Lead Platform Engineer you’ll be responsible for building, running and owning the platform that comparethemarket.com runs its entire operation on, mixed with designing, engineering and operating performance critical services on that platform.
At comparethemarket.com (CTM) our passion is creating great software, we look to push the boundaries with new technologies so that we can deliver the very best for our customers. We value everyone’s opinion in building top class software, the role of a Senior Software Engineer is crucial in setting technical direction and building team consensus.
What will you be responsible for as a Senior Software Engineer (Platform Services) at comparethemarket.com?
- Building, Running and Owning first-class solutions in an agile platform team
- Evangelising the approaches and tooling that exist as part of the CTM Platform to the wider CTM Tech community, including curating and contributing to open source initiatives
- Providing tools and services enabling product teams to improve their fault tolerance and QoS to our customers
- Actively contributing towards the definition and extension of the underlying tech principles and operating model
- Assisting in capacity planning and operating cost management, helping to identify opportunities for efficiency gains
- Working with the Platform Lead to realise the architectural vision for CTM’s platform whilst considering the practicalities of delivery
- Champion quality and technical excellence at all times, contributing to the agile process and continuously improving all aspects of delivery
What will it take to be successful as a Senior Software Engineer (Platform Services) at comparethemarket.com?
- You’ll have experience working in a similar role with exposure to business critical problems and delivering on a high workload under pressure
- You’ll have a breadth of knowledge across different business remits -working with our Marketing, Security and Data teams will be seamlessly easy for you
- You’ll have deep knowledge of Microservices or SOA and be passionate about REST
- A mental agility to become an expert in new technologies
We never stand still…
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. Home to, many brands including LesFurets, ComparetheMarket.com, BeagleStreet, Junction, BudgetInsurance and DialDirect. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas. We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it.
We grow because we are…
AMBITIOUS. We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability.
We are CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's.
We are AUTHENTIC. We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
We are UNITED. We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together.
Opening date: 01/12/17
Closing date: 01/01/18