What’s the challenge?
Our technology function continues to grow and adapt to support a business that has developed from a handful of employees to over several hundred during the past few years. This growth has been driven from both our UK technology centres in London and Peterborough as well as our nearshore partners who play a key role in building and running our platforms and products.
Our Technology Resourcing and Planning team play a pivotal role in this, ensuring that we have the right people in the right place at the right time to deliver our initiatives and execute on our business strategy.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager to join and lead this team. This is a key role in our Technology function and one that is at the heart of our operations in the UK as well as owning the relationship with our nearshore providers.
You will be responsible for managing and overseeing the effective forecasting, planning and management of Tech resources both in the UK and across our nearshore partners to enable our technology teams to deliver the Compare the Market strategy. By collaborating with teams across the business, you will be able to understand the demand on the Technology teams and plan our resourcing capacity for short, medium and long-term success. In tandem, you and the team will help influence the utilisation of available resources to match both business need and the development aspirations of our talented teams.
What will it take to be successful?
• You will be naturally analytical and a critical thinker with the ability to bring structure to complex and uncertain situations
• Proven ability to balance short- & long-term objectives to deliver against business demand
• Self-starter and a completer-finisher
• Resilient and confident to push back when you feel something isn’t right
• You will have experience in leading teams and prioritising/balancing workload across team members
• You are used to interacting with senior stakeholders and 3rd party services
• You have experience delivering technology change and are ideally familiar with the high-level technical skills in a digital first software development environment.
• Experience of managing relationships with nearshore technology companies is desirable but not essential
Why choose us?
You might already know us - we're the ones with the Meerkats! Compare the Market has helped revolutionise the insurance market and we have been growing rapidly since starting in 2006.
We are on a mission to transform the comparison industry, moving beyond endless forms and generic search results, to a highly personalised, service-led experience. In order to do so, we recognise that we need to consistently deliver seamless, personalised customer experiences through a connected data and technology ecosystem.
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services.
We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, Beagle Street, Junction, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it!
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.