In this role you’ll lead and inspire our commercial business, Insurance Distribution & Outsourcing’s (IDO), Business Technology Software Engineering community to continually improve how they build and run software to serve our customers. This role is accountable for the setting high standards and practices in software engineering, while growing people in learning and adopting “better” practices. You’ll shape and develop the entry level programme for the practice whilst taking into consideration the setting of high standards for continued professional development.
In this role, you’ll:
- Recruit and retain the best engineering talent
- Continually grow and develop engineers
- Ensure we have the right skills to deliver against the business goals
- Set example of continuous improvement and self-development
- Strive to bring the customer needs closer to the engineering community as they work with stakeholders
- Develop software with the end user in mind
- Work with architecture and technical leadership on ensuring technical roadmaps are defined and understood across IDO
- Ensure all engineers have appropriate coaching and mentorship pushing technical excellence and software craftmanship
- Ensure all engineers have clear progression paths
- Ensure software is developed which is commercial suitable and sustainable
What will it take to be successful as a Senior Manager Engineering?
- Background in software development
- Experience as a technical leader in modern software development practices
- Builds trust through transparency, authenticity and empathy
- Collaborative in tackling problems
- Natural leader and motivator
- Results focused
- Excellent communicator and influencer
- Active learner and passionate about technology
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
Diversity and Inclusion: We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
Flexible working: We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.
We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout our application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made please let us know. We’ll work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.