What’s the challenge?
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team at Compare the Market (CTM) as a Senior Manager Analytics & Data Science. This role will be pivotal in delivering outstanding, actionable customer insight and effective and reliable Data Science models. You will be responsible for providing data analytics that helps to shape CTM’s strategic roadmaps and customer propositions, working with a variety of teams and stakeholders to embed your findings.
What does the role involve?
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for the Analytics & Data Science function ensuring alignment with broader Data/CTM strategies
- Achieve business-wide consensus on plans, deliverables and recommendations
- Maximise value-add through provision of actionable customer insights using advanced analytics
- Develop a culture of data-driven decision making based on customer insight and automated decision making through Data Science models
- Work across the business to identify and scope new opportunities
- Communicate plans, findings and recommendations to the wider business
- Contribute to the wider Data team by sharing expertise and developing capability
- Develop existing platforms and adopt new solutions to ensure maximum impact
- Explore, distil and visualise data using leading tools and technologies
- Keeps abreast of new technology and techniques in Analytics, identifying new opportunities to add-value
What will it take to be successful?
- Demonstrable track record of delivering significant value through use of Analytics & Data Science
- Prior experience of leading an Analytics & Data Science team
- Excellent analytical / problem solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of applied statistical methods predictive analytics and machine learning
- Expert user of SQL and one or more languages (Python, R, SAS, equivalent). Prior knowledge of Databricks is a plus
- Creative thinker with the ability to seek out new sources of value
- Strong commercial acumen
- Great communicator that can adapt for audiences of varying technical abilities
- Strong planning and organizational skills
We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout the application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made please let us know. We will work with you to make any appropriate arrangements
Why choose us?
You probably already know us, we're the ones with the meerkats!
We're more than that though. Since we started in 2006, we've revolutionised the way in which customers search, apply and save on household financial products.
We're on a mission to transform price comparison into a highly personalised, service-led experience. To do so, we recognise that we need to consistently deliver seamless customer experiences through a connected data and technology ecosystem.
Our Vision - Be the market leader in money management - transforming the way the people of the UK manage their household bills, helping everyone have a healthier relationship with their money.
Our Purpose - Making great financial decision-making a breeze for everyone in the country
Our Promise - Good things happen when you meerkat!
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative, and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas - supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout our application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made please let us know. We'll work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance. We're open to flexibility and encourage a hybrid way of working, a combination of in-office (Peterborough or London) and remote working. We'd love to talk about what this might look like for you.