As a Senior Events Manager for BGL Group you’ll create and deliver our best ever programme of exciting, entertaining and engaging events for our people and partners!
At BGL Group we pride ourselves on our ambition and creativity – two of our core values - we work hard and like to celebrate success. We’re a truly people focused business and have a fantastic track record of putting on memorable events for our employees, from Family Fun Days to Awards Balls and High Achievers events. We strive to deliver the best events for our teams, keeping abreast of trends to ensure that our events are unique and exciting for those attending.
Working across all of our brands, Compare the Market and Beagle Street included, you will play a vital part in the creation, organisation and innovative delivery of events, taking ownership from initial discussion stage through to conclusion. Joining the Internal Communications team, you’ll become a member of one of the highest performing teams across BGL - we take huge pride in delivering fun opportunities for our colleagues.
What will you be responsible for as a Senior Events Manager?
Reporting into the Associate Director for Internal Communications & Events, you will strengthen BGL’s reputation for hosting unforgettable events, liaising with colleagues to ensure that engagement is high.
- Keep abreast of emerging design trends, prestigious locations and compelling speakers & entertainers to ensure we’re involved with innovative and upcoming movements
- Manage suppliers effectively, building trusted partner relationships and ensuring value for money
- Work closely with the CEO & Exec team to deliver a compelling corporate entertaining programme
- Lead a dynamic & experienced Events team to develop, grow and deliver progressively more inventive events
- Oversee the Events project & budget to ensure all events are delivered on time & within budget
What will it take to be successful?
- Excellent skills in communication and an ability to develop optimum relationships in order to operate and influence at a senior level, managing competing tasks and remaining calm under pressure
- Extensive event management experience at a high level
- A creative flair for design, with an ability to spot upcoming and popular design trends
- A thorough understanding of using social media to engage an audience/attendees, ideally with experience of delivering event apps
- Experience tracking event effectiveness and reporting on budgets and value for money
We never stand still…
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services.
We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, CompareTheMarket, Beagle Street, Junction, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas. We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it.
We grow because we are…
We are AMBITIOUS. We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability.
We are CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's.
We are AUTHENTIC. We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
We are UNITED. We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together.