This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s best-known brands, as a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer at comparethemarket.com. Your role will be pivotal in the delivery and ownership of market leading Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions, generating real value for the business.
In this role, you will be responsible for data integration and large scale data warehousing for reporting and analytics. As a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer, you will influence our technical direction and architectural decision-making. You will have the opportunity to deliver significant new features and applications, developing industry leading analytics and reporting capabilities and will support us in building a new data warehouse in AWS. You will proactively liaise with key stakeholders around the business to build an understanding of business requirements and deliver effective and efficient solutions. You’ll provide support to business to interpret data and extract insight. To do this you will be passionate about cutting edge data technologies and best practices. We will support you by encouraging you to attend conferences, motivating you to stay up to date with new technology and giving you the autonomy to drive innovation within the team.
Communication, collaboration and influencing will be key; you will take an active role in the agile team and will mentor and develop other members of the BI team. A focus on quality will be essential; defining and encouraging best practices within the team and across the wider organisation. Most importantly, you will have our customers at the heart of everything you do by safeguarding and protecting their data.
What will it take to be successful?
• Confident in managing, transforming and querying data
• Strong experience working with data, especially with large, complex datasets (This could be; AWS Redshift, SQL Serv-er or NoSQL)
• A solid Data Warehousing background including experience of both design and implementation
• The ability to understand business logic and communicate with a range of stakeholders
• Have an understanding of Big Data Cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure and a desire to work with AWS
• An understanding of BI toolsets (This could be; MSBI Stack, PowerBI or Tableau)
• Happy to work on different technologies and projects at the same time, from data analysis and coding to architecture and DevOps
• Experience of Python, Scala or Spark is advantageous
• Be willing to support and develop other members of the team
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We have reached 9.5 million customers through brands including CompareTheMarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it!
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness