At BGL Group (Home of Compare The Market), we have on offer a strategic role that will suit an experienced senior technology leader seeking visibility at both an Exec and team level. You’ll continue to refine the delivery and ongoing enhancement of a Data Loss Prevention Strategy (DLP) whilst recruiting and managing a team of Data Security experts.
Together you’ll inspire and influence the development and delivery of continuous improvement for our data security practices across our organisation whilst ensuring the risk to data loss remains within risk appetite for our business and 10 million customers.
As a change agent and leader in technology, you’ll:
- Be responsible for the data security team, managing their time effectively to successfully deliver against plans and strategies
- Create, improve and manage the DLP tools; write business cases for any new tools or processes required
- Attend management and technical meetings to offer technical and strategic direction on data security projects being undertaken
- Influence peers and executives across other BUs and to ensure data security remains a key priority
- Identify and effectively manage priorities to develop data security procedures to remain within the business risk appetite
- Carry out internal assessments to accurately reflect the current standing of data security against frameworks; offering advice on how to improve the data security posture
What will it take to be successful as a Senior Data Security Manager?
As an accomplished senior leader, you’ll likely be:
- Accustomed to engaging at a local level, and representing your division at Executive steering meetings which are attended by Divisional leads and/or Group Execs
- A confident speaker who can engage different audiences effectively. You’re well versed in stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Known for delivery and continuous improvement that has achieved commercial impact
- Effective coach, mentor and people manager that has driven high performing standards and deliverables
Your technical capability:
- Proven experience of delivering data loss prevention strategies. Particularly able to share the trials and tribulations of your experience to implement key learnings
- Experience of enhancing and maintaining a DLP strategy
- Have experience of working in an enterprise environment, particularly financial services
- Proven data security experience in the cloud environments
- Preferably hold data security certifications (such as CISSP/CISM or equivalent)
Whilst we think the above skills are preferential, we remain open to hear from applicants that come from various backgrounds who believe they have some transferable skills for consideration, as a minimum you must have had responsibility/involvement of a DLP strategy. We will continue to review and progress the most qualified and suitable individuals.
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
Diversity and Inclusion: We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
Flexible working: We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business. We’re open to discussing base location and ways of working with this role throughout the application and interview process.