What’s the challenge?
As the Senior Content Editor you will develop, oversee and originate newsworthy and engaging content for comparethemarket.com, with specific ownership for the delivery and success of our editorial strategy and creative output across channels.
It’s a really exciting time to join Compare the Market! With the creation of our new content hub and our brand growing, you will be pivotal in driving forward our content strategy - using your strong product and vertical understanding to direct the team and ensure that our content is relevant and engaging for new and existing customers. Taking a visible role as a spokesperson for the company, you’ll live and breathe content creation, news articles and strategy, working to engage the business and our consumers with the CTM brand.
Day to day you’ll oversee the journalistic process, managing a strong internal editorial team to produce high quality content at pace and with accuracy. A strong relationship builder you’ll work closely with our Brand, CRM and PR teams to develop a content plan that will support wider brand and marketing strategy to ensure commercial delivery in your channels.
What will you be responsible for?
Reporting to the Associate Director for Organic Performance, you will provide subject matter expertise, using your journalistic background to help deliver maximum value to our content production strategy - in particular with developing the functionality of the vertical, content cycles.
- Define and deliver the day to day implementation of the content strategy
- Ensure all content provides clear benefits to the target audience, conveys the right brand voice and personality.
- Develop and manage a brand and life calendar to help identify new content creation opportunities
- Drive the editorial strategy for the business from a newsworthy angle, based on strong financial/insurance/consumer affairs journalistic understanding
- Liaison with PR, Brand and CRM teams to ensure consistent tone of voice, branding and creation of engaging and interesting content
- Management of 3/4 direct and indirect reports who manage the production and delivery of content
- Management of the team to deliver marketing effectiveness and volume plans, whilst ensuring they are all highly motivated, developed well and performing with maximum effectiveness
- Support for the development of integrated marketing communications
What will it take to be successful?
Why choose us?
- Have a sound understanding of marketing channels and their purpose to help define content strategy
- A successful track record of delivering a highly engaging and creative content strategy across multiple channels
- You’ll be a content expert, with your finger on the pulse of developments in the world of content, journalism and the creation of good copy
- Great interpersonal skills along with the ability to building strong working relationships and a talent for spotting development opportunities for direct reports
- Expertise in analytics and content measurement and be able to demonstrate the value of content
- You’ll be a team player, with a track record of successfully leading a team to deliver a defined content strategy
You’ll have heard of Compare the Market and the meerkats no doubt – we’re one of the UK’s most loved brands and regularly produce award winning creative. We’re a diverse and talented team of passionate professionals and the opportunities to develop and grow are unrivalled. You’ll be part of something special – helping to keep our customers lives simples. About BGL
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services.
We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, Compare the Market, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10 million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas. We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it!Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.Flexible working
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.