The Cloud Platform team at CompareTheMarket creates and maintains products that help our internal engineering teams to deliver features to our customers at pace, while doing so safely, reliably, and consistently. We do this by enabling our engineering teams to self-serve based on their own requirements, while adhering to best practises.
In joining the team as a Senior/Software Engineer you will work on core/critical services which enable the entire organisation. You will be exposed to a broad tech stack that is constantly evaluated and improved upon, such as:
- Kubernetes, which hosts most of our compute workloads
- Terraform, which we use to provision all our infrastructure
- Prometheus/Grafana/CloudWatch/Splunk, for monitoring our estate
- GitHub Actions
- AWS (it’d be quicker to list the services we don’t use)
We love being exposed to a wide array of programming languages and mindsets, with most of our teams using a combination of:
We believe in continuous improvement not only in our tech stack, but in our people. If you have a firm grounding in most of the tech we use, but not all, we want to hear from you.
As a Senior/Software Engineer, you will work on an iterative basis to deliver new features that will enable our entire organisation to move faster. We value every opinion, and so you will be expected to give input into system design and our ways of working on an ongoing basis.
The core challenges being faced by the team in the coming years will be:
- Migrating our selfhosted Kubernetes PaaS to AWS EKS while adding new features to enable more elaborate and interesting workloads and improving our security posture.
- Improving the entire CI/CD system at the organisation to allow teams to release to Production automatically while reducing the impact of incidents and outages
- Enabling teams to experiment with changes by adopting more complicated release strategies
- Providing teams with the ability to selfserve on their needs across the entire infrastructure estate, including databases/data storage, streaming/messaging, and compute resources.
- Implementing our strategy to prevent outages from ransomware attacks
These challenges are the ones that we know we will face right now. As a member of this team, you will be empowered to fully own and drive ideas alongside your team within a truly fast paced organisation.
What's on offer:
On top of a competitive salary you will have the option to work from our London office a couple days a week with hybrid/remote working the rest of the time. You'll also get:
- Annual Leave: 25 days plus bank holidays (rising to 30 days with service)
- Life Assurance
- Income protection
- Virtual GP: Access to online GP via an online video and phone consultation
- Health check: Free annual Confidential health check with Wellbeing Specialists
Why choose us?
You might already know us - we're the ones with the Meerkats! Compare the Market has helped revolutionise the insurance market and we have been growing rapidly since starting in 2006.
We are on a mission to transform the comparison industry, moving beyond endless forms and generic search results, to a highly personalised, service-led experience. In order to do so, we recognise that we need to consistently deliver seamless, personalised customer experiences through a connected data and technology ecosystem.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.
'We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout the application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made, please let us know. We will work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.’