As a Senior Business Analyst at BGL Life your role will be vital in delivering expert analysis focusing on customer and commercial outcomes whilst operating across a change portfolio to deliver complex change analysis and upholding BA standards within the community.
You’ll be supporting the end-to-end management for each project from inception to delivery and beyond whilst following an Agile methodology. You’ll have the opportunity to facilitate learning through running showcases, inceptions, refinements and planning, actively sharing best practices across the team. Collaboration will be key, working with a variety of stakeholders to understand business requirements, help establish priorities, benefits and dependencies to drive our success.
What will it involve?
• Help shape and define key strategic initiatives for the business
• Lead the inception process by identifying the value proposition, key potential outcomes and costs
• Work across teams to identify, risks, dependencies and opportunities
• Challenge and surface business value
• Identify process improvements and work actively to remove waste from processes
• Identify key performance metrics, validate the performance of features once live
• Knowing when just enough has been done to deliver the value
• Collaborate closely with the Delivery Managers and Tech Leads to form productive teams
• Help identify ways to improve the overall quality of analysis
• Work as directed across portfolios areas to build relationships and open lines of communication with business stakeholders
• Facilitate learning through running stand-ups, showcases, customer feedback, inceptions and retrospectives.
• Actively champion and support best practices across the business analysis community
• Ability to bring the change delivery team members and the source of the business needs closer together
What will it take?
• Experienced in a business analysis role, including complimentary qualifications
• Thrives in a fast-paced digital environment
• Thinks and acts with a Lean mind-set
• Hands on agile experience
• Naturally curious about acquiring new knowledge and best practice
• Coaching skills in developing BAs
• Passionate about business analysis and utilising industry best practice
• Ability to communicate confidently to a variety of audiences
• Effective facilitation skills
• Proven questioning skills and elicitation techniques
• Applying innovative thinking to problem analysis
We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout the application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made please let us know. We will work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.
Why Choose Us?
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. BGL Group has reached 9.5 million customers through brands including comparethemarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.