As a Senior Business Analyst at ComparetheMarket.com your role will be vital in driving our Data team to deliver the best outcomes in the best possible way according to both customer and business needs.
You’ll be working closely with wide range of stakeholders, with varying levels of data and tech knowledge to understand and document detailed requirements, solution and acceptance criteria, keeping in mind the overall strategy and standards of the data team. Your role will be vital in driving the end-to-end process from discovery to successful delivery and beyond.
Collaboration will be key, working with a variety of stakeholders to understand business requirements, helping to establish priorities, benefits and dependencies and to drive our success. You’ll make sure that the information flow is effective, ensur-ing all team members & stakeholders are well informed on strategic, commercial and technical agendas so that visibility on project status can be provided.
We work in an Agile manner typically using Scrum as the building blocks for how we work. As you’ll be closely working with our Engineering Teams, various people from our Data Team, Business Analysts and QAs, we are looking for someone with technical knowledge who will work closely with these people to develop an understanding of the overarching Data Team requirements and simplify/translate complex and abstract workflows and architecture into simpler diagrams/visualisations.
Everyone in the team has an equal say on how we work, your opinions and questions will be the key to achieving our strategic goal.
What will it take?
• Previous experience as a Business Analyst and passionate about the industry and trends
• Experience in data analysis and can demonstrate data manipulation and querying
• Experience in writing user stories (this could be using INVEST) and working with the team to define & refine them
• Knowledge of data warehouses, tables, schemas etc.
• Proactive in building relationships and maintaining strong stakeholder management
• Strong communicator that can adapt for audiences of varying technical abilities
• Keen to work in and Agile, fast-paced, digital environment
• Thinks and acts with a Lean mind-set
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We have reached 9.5 million customers through brands including CompareTheMarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it!
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness