As our Senior BI Developer, you will be responsible for the delivery and ownership of market leading Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions. You will generate real value for the business with an emphasis on quality.
In this role, you will be responsible for data integration and large scale data warehousing for reporting and analytics. You will proactively build an understanding of requirements to deliver effective and efficient solutions and will provide support to the wider business in interpreting data and extracting insight. As a Senior BI Developer, you will influence our technical direction and architectural decision-making. You will be responsible for delivering significant new features and applications, developing industry leading analytics and reporting capabilities using cutting edge technology. To do this you will be proactive in being ahead of the curve by attending conferences, staying up to date with new technology and driving innovation within the team.
You will working alongside our analysts, data scientists, machine learning engineers amongst other stakeholders to identify and implement the best possible solutions for our analytical data needs. Communication, collaboration and influencing will be key; you will take an active role in the agile team and will mentor and develop other members of the BI team. A focus on quality will be essential; defining and encouraging best practices within the team and across the wider organisation.
Most importantly, you will have our customers at the heart of everything you do by safeguarding and protecting their data.
What will it take to be successful as Senior BI Developer?
• You will have experience of working with data, especially with large, complex datasets (This could be; AWS Redshift, SQL Server or NoSQL)
• You will be confident in managing, transforming and querying data
• You will have an understanding of Big Data Cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure and a desire to work with AWS
• You will have expert experience of SQL
• You will have a solid Data Warehousing background including experience of both design and implementation
• You will have understanding of BI toolsets (This could be; MSBI Stack, PowerBI or Tableau)
• You will be happy to work on different technologies and projects at the same time, from data analysis, coding to architecture and DevOps
• You will have a degree in Analytic or Computer Science related discipline or relevant experience
• You will be motivated, goal-oriented and hard working
• Experience of Python, Scala or Spark is advantageous
• You will be willing to support and develop other members of the team
We never stand still…
As one of the UK's leading Digital Distributor of Insurance and household financial services to 8.5 million customers, the BGL group genuinely believe that technology comes first! We continuously look to push the boundaries with new technologies to deliver and disrupt the once complex market for our customers and building top class software.
We grow because we are…
We are AMBITIOUS. We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability.
We are CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's.
We are AUTHENTIC. We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
We are UNITED. We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together.