At BGL Group (Home of Compare the Market), we’re in search of a Security Engineer to keep a lookout for our digitally focused FinTech organisation. We’re an ambitious and visionary business that is constantly evolving and maturing and we’d like you to join our Cyber and Information Security team to keep us safe from real world threats. Those closest to you will say you have a real passion for security, technology and a knowledge that it all begins with people. As our Security Engineer you’ll be given accountability with some stretch to grow and build on your experience. You’ll need to be comfortable with supporting and taking the lead on activities and being a team player.
Your key purpose is leading on Cyber Incident Response functions by triaging and handling Cyber incidents, performing pro-active threat hunting across the network using Endpoint Detection and Response tools to identify and mitigate threats to BGL Group. Your focus will be to enhance our ability to effectively detect and respond to threats, apply automation and test our security controls throughout the business.
Other Main Responsibilities Include:
• Investigation and handling security incidents and fully scoping potential threats on the network.
• Providing detailed analysis reports from incident handling and response activities.
• Automating key processes and providing ongoing testing of security controls.
• Threat hunting activities to uncovering malicious code and identifying nefarious behaviour.
• Collaboration with other teams to develop, deploy & tune detection alerts.
• Working with team members to strategise and execute the deployment of bespoke security solutions.
• Exercising incident response processes and forensic triage across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
• Develop, document and maintain processes & procedures, and improve processes for incident response and the wider InfoSec team functions.
What will it take to be successful as a Security Engineer?
An understanding of web technologies & network architecture, along with an understanding of operating Systems & underlying hardware are the basics to this role. Knowledge of current network and host-based security products along with an understanding of security principles and good security practices, and TCP/IP network communication protocols are the foundations to success. You’ll also possess experience of scripting in Perl, Python or other scripting languages. Along with this;
• Hands-on experience in either incident response, cyber security investigations or digital forensic investigations.
• Experience of volatile memory acquisition and analysis.
• Experience of host based forensic acquisition and analysis, and Malware analysis experience.
• Professional experience utilising Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) solutions.
• Administration experience of Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX architecture.
• Professionally certified in cyber security (such as GIAC, CREST, ISC(2), ISACA) / Degree in Cyber Security or similar.
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.
Opening date - 27/08/2020
Closing date - 27/09/2020