BGL’s Group Risk & Compliance department have an exciting new opportunity for a Risk Manager to join their team on a 12month FTC to support the Operational Key Risk Area Framework, ensuring this is understood by the business management and embedded into their business areas.
The Risk Manager will provide advice and guidance on operational resilience, change programmes and the management of third-party relationships. This role is pivotal in supporting the Group Risk Control Validation Plan by providing appropriate feedback and management actions on key operational risks and profiles. The Risk Manager is viewed by the business as a valuable business partner from whom they pro-actively seek guidance and support and would suit someone who is commercially astute with an analytical mind.
As a Risk Manager you’ll need to liaise and work closely with key stakeholders across BGL to collect and collate all data/insight needed for your risk investigations. Communication will be key to this position and the ability to communicate clearly whilst being able to influence senior stakeholders throughout the business.
- Maintain a current view of and ensure risk matters are given consideration in strategy development, change agenda and product/process development.
- Provide comprehensive views of the Businesses risk profile, key risks (both current and emerging) to help inform Group Risk areas of focus for review.
- Objectively review and challenge Business risk reporting whilst providing advice to colleagues on their risk responsibilities.
- Pro-actively support Group Risk reporting by providing informed and timely insight to business performance, risk profile and management actions.
What will it take?
- An understanding of effective risk management processes including operational resilience.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships, including ability to interact at all levels.
- Ability to manage conflict and influence change using effective communication skills.
- Business experience in an FCA regulated businesses, preferably within the insurance industry.
- Experience in control design and operational effectiveness testing, along with change management.
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We have reached 10 million customers through brands including comparethemarket.com, LesFurets.com, BGL Life, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct, as well as our partnerships business which provides insurance for some of the UK’s leading high street brands. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it!
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.