An opportunity has arisen to join comparethemarket.com as a Research and Optimisation Manager. You will manage the delivery of research, analysis and insight to ensure that the business are delivering a best in class experience to our customers. You will lead continuous improvement to drive excellent customer outcomes that deliver against our strategy and drive the business forward.
Is this you?
You will be someone who has experience of working with large-scale transactional online products and you’ll use a variety of tools in order to analyse data to deliver a best in class customer experience. Your knowledge and ability to use insight to deliver these outcomes is key to our performance. You will always be looking for ways to improve our customer experience, you’ll be growing your knowledge of best practice every day and you’ll be able to spot opportunities and threats and respond with agility and commercial acumen. You will be someone who is passionate about the customer and strive to deliver the best for them at all times.
What will it take?
You will certainly have a clear track record in delivering successful customer experiences in a high transactional digital environment. You will have experience ensuring that customer insight drives business decisions resulting in best-in-class customer outcomes and experiences.
You will have a good understanding of the many different methods of gaining customer insight, from qualitative and quantitative insight, usability research, data analytics and session recording tools and have experience of A/B testing and using MVT platforms.
You will specifically be able to demonstrate your success in applying customer insight to understand behaviour, and identify and action conversion rate optimisation (CRO) opportunities. You will be able to demonstrate how you have created hypothesis that you have directly actioned and that have positively benefited both your customers and business.
You will be creative and have experience working with UX teams and external agencies. You will be passionate about research and insight and champion this across the business.
You will have experience working with multiple stakeholders and be able to use your strong communications skills to build sustainable and effective relationships through sharing research, insight & analysis.
Wherever you’ve gained your experience, you will be able to demonstrate the core values of the BGL Group and comparethemarket.com; you’ll be creative, innovative and capable of making a difference. The successful candidate will be decisive, resilient and personable, and will bring genuine integrity and enthusiasm to bear when working with internal stakeholders and external partners. When we meet you you’ll also be able to demonstrate some (if not all) of these skills & attributes:
• Proven success in customer journey management and optimisation (A/B testing, multivariate testing, analytics and session recording tools)
• Be able to analyse quantitative and qualitative data to understand customer behaviour and identify opportunities
• Be creative, with the ability to problem solve and identify solutions
• Use insight to inform design and wireframe creation
• Experience of a build, measure and learn in an agile environment
• Good knowledge of digital analytics
• Good organisational and time management skills
• Can do attitude with high levels of resilience
• Able to work to tight deadlines, and deliver within agreed timeframes
• Strong relationship management and external agency management
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong communications skills, an innovative thinker and commercially astute
• A passion for learning and keeping up to date with the latest trends
• You may also have an interest or experience in UX research where you can work with our own researcher in our Usability Lab (London) to test and bring your ideas to life.
Why work for comparethemarket.com?
The benefits package is excellent and comprehensive; as a Manager you will earn a competitive salary and you will be part of an annual Management Bonus scheme that could yield 10% of your salary. We offer a contributory pension, private medical insurance, life assurance and range of other benefits that you would expect from a good employer. Perhaps most importantly in this role you will have the opportunity to work with some outstanding people in a fun and thriving environment.
This role can be based in either London or Peterborough but there will be travel to London on a weekly basis to work closely with our digital team.
Click on apply – tell us about yourself and together let’s work out if this role is a fit.