ComparetheMarket are recruiting for a Regulatory Executive to join the team. The purpose of this role is to support the Compliance team to track regulatory commitments and engagement to ensure our obligations are met and any problems are escalated in a timely manner. You will manage, track, and maintain all records of regulatory engagement including submission of consultation responses or other feedback and applications, including in relation to the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR).
Key Responsibilities include:
- To maintain a tracker of all regulatory engagement, correspondence and requirements to ensure that all commitments are met and information can easily be retrieved. This includes engaging with stakeholders across CTM to ensure they understand requirements and escalating any concerns in a timely manner.
- To support the Compliance input and oversight of the SMCR regime in CTM, including reviewing new guidance from the FCA and considering whether changes are required to CTM's processes.
- Support on the design (and where required) delivery of regulatory training to CTM colleagues.
- Support the submission of FCA applications, including for SMCR and for regulatory permissions. Maintain associated records so that documentation can be easily retrieved.
- Manage and inform on regulatory reporting requirements to ensure the business is aware of what will be required and when. Maintain CTM Compliance process and procedure documentation, and the review schedule of these documents to ensure operational continuity.
- Maintain the CTM Compliance intranet, to ensure key compliance processes are accessible to the business.
- Maintain all CTM Compliance processes, and support the review of these processes to identify gaps. Maintain a central repository of these process maps with clear ownership.
- Support CTM Risk and Compliance with any administrative tasks to support the efficiency of the team.
What will it take?
- Curiosity to learn and understand new areas or topics and work with autonomy.
- Experience of managing multiple deadlines across various projects and teams.
- Experience in action tracking and in maintaining accurate records of correspondence to ensure ease of access and a clear audit trail.
- Concise written communication, including summarising complex information.
- Excellent record keeping and organisational skills.
- Baseline understanding of the FCA, its role in the market as our regulator, and key regulatory processes and systems.
- Understanding and experience of the practical application of SMCR in CTM.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, and excellent verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Risk or Compliance Qualification
- Experience working within both Risk & Compliance disciplines
- An understanding of the application of SMCR to CTM
We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout our application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made please let us know. We’ll work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We have reached 10 million customers through brands including comparethemarket.com, LesFurets.com, BGL Life, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct, as well as our partnerships business which provides insurance for some of the UK’s leading high street brands. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it!
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.