Junior Software Engineer Apprentice– Register Your Interest
Start Date - 2021 Intake
If you're interested in building a new career in the world of technology please register your interest here!
We have a number of amazing apprenticeship opportunities starting in 2021 which will launch your career into software engineering.
If you enjoy problem solving, can demonstrate a passion for coding and you're an active learner, then this is the programme for you!
Joining our team as a Junior Software Engineer at BGL Group, you’ll learn how we develop and deliver first class tech solutions to contribute to an evolving culture of innovation, enthusiasm and passion. You’ll have the opportunity to work within a small agile team to develop first class software engineering solutions, whilst having access to a wide range of technologies to create an amazing customer proposition. We’re invested in your success and will support and encourage your professional and personal career development.
Once you have successfully completed our six week selection process which will involve, learning a new coding language, completing coding challenges and meeting our software colleagues in a competency based interview you will join us on a 15 month intensive apprenticeship programme.
During this apprenticeship there is a strong focus on self-learning and development, you‘ll spend your first week understanding our innovative culture at BGL/Comparethemarket.
You’ll then spend the next 12 weeks studying online with the prestigious Makers Academy which is a leading software developer bootcamp. This will kick start your coding journey onto the Level 4 Software Developer Standard Apprenticeship.
Following on from your bootcamp you’ll join one of our tech teams at our Peterborough office, where you will develop your career towards either a Software Engineer or Test Engineer and deliver real business projects that add value to our customers.
What will you be responsible for as a Junior Software Engineer?
- Developing first class software engineering solutions
- Work alongside team members to deliver features and add value to your team.
- Solving complex problems
- Champion simplicity
- Understanding how our customers interact with our products
- Working with agile methodologies and lean thinking methods
- Presenting your findings and making recommendations to improve business performance
- Contributing to the team by sharing knowledge, ideas and findings
What will it take to be successful as a Junior Software Engineer?
- You must have Maths and English Language Grades A*-C (or equivalent).
- You must NOT hold a similar qualification at the same level (Level 4/Foundation Degree) or higher that the apprenticeship offers within the same sector
- You’ll be an active learner, both within your technical and professional areas of expertise, taking control of your own career development
- You'll have a passion for technology, with some exposure to modern programming language (e.g. .Net, C#, React,SQL .node)
- You’ll be naturally inquisitive
- You will have excellent communication skills with the drive to contribute to a team
- You’re highly logical with creative problem solving skills
Please note: You will be registering your interested in an Apprenticeship Programme here at BGL Group within Software Engineering for our 2021 intake.
Interested in finding out more about this unique apprenticeship programme. Visit our dedicated webpage- click here
We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout our application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made please let us know. We’ll work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.
About Covid: We’re all hoping to return to normality soon, but if that doesn’t happen in time we’ll adjust things to work out, whether that’s doing interviews on Teams, or working remotely for the placement. In the future, we want to try our best to maintain flexibility in office and home working where possible.
Diversity and Inclusion - We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.
Flexible working- We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.