Apprentice Customer Claims Advisor – REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
Apprentice Customer Claims Advisor – Level 2 – Register Your Interest
Start date: TBC
Whether you are looking for your first job, next job, change in career or change in organisation our structured apprenticeship programme can lead to any number of exciting career opportunities.
“We’d like you to join us!”
We’re very proud of our achievements and are looking for passionate people who put everything they have into everything they do, helping create seamless customer experiences whilst completing an apprenticeship.
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally. We are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. Home to many brands including; Comparethemarket.com, Junction, BeagleStreet, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We’re trusted by more than 10 million customers in the UK alone - with this foundational success we continue to grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
We grow because we live and breathe our values…
We are AMBITIOUS. We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability.
We are CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning.
We are AUTHENTIC. We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
We are UNITED. We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together.
Customer Services Apprenticeship - Level 2
This Apprenticeship forms the foundation of a career within the financial sector, providing the training to become a claims adviser. The award is the foundation for further development, which may include progression to a Level 3 or the opportunity to specialise with our other exciting Apprenticeships.
During the 12-15 month programme you will gain knowledge and experience through structured, on the job training and a range of development opportunities. The financial services customer service standard puts an Apprentice on the pathway towards an industry recognised accreditation on the Chartered Institute of Insurance. Key knowledge areas included in the Apprenticeship are Regulatory, Legal and Compliance, Products and Services and Systems & Processes.
What will I be doing?
- Dealing with inbound claims calls and existing queries
- Delivering customer excellence to every customer you deal with
- Actively work towards delivering the right outcome for the customer by providing the correct services – personal injury and hire / repair referral
- Ensure you take responsibility for our customer and provide resolutions
- Taking ownership for your own development within BGL.
- To work with contact centre guidelines to maximise availability for receiving incoming calls.
- To accurately record all information captured throughout the claim reporting process
- To provide information/ advice requested by customers, which is accurate and reflects the best interest of the client
- To adopt a customer focused approach to the claim reporting process on each call received
- Ensure you deliver an excellent level of customer service
- Handling of complaints in accordance with the FCA
- Ensure that your record and use customer data in a manner that complies with the Data Protection Act
- Ensure you attain and remain competent in your role by undertaking appropriate training and tests.
We’ll help you develop all the skills needed, however we want people who are passionate, enthusiastic individuals, willing to learn!
What skills or experience do I need to be an Apprentice Customer Claims Adviser?
- Good numeracy and literacy skills (GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English)
- Commitment and willing to learn
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- IT Literate
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Able to work to set deadlines
- Passionate about delivering customer service
- Good team player
- Personal Willing to develop and learn
You don’t need previous experience of being a claims adviser. We’ll help you develop all the skills needed, however we want people who are passionate, enthusiastic individuals willing to learn!
If this sounds like the role for you then take a closer look at the benefits we offer:
- Competitive Apprenticeship salary of £11,500
- Annual leave starting at 25 days (excluding bank holidays); this increases with length of service
- On-site “at desk” massages
- Flexible benefits package
- Virtual GP
- Discounted private health care insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life assurance & Permanent health insurance
- Monthly employee draw where you could win anything from an iPad to £3,000 worth of vouchers
- Annual family fun days and biannual awards ball
- Comprehensive induction training programme and career support from our award-winning learning and development team.
- Opportunities to be involved in charity work and fundraising events
Click here to view more of our benefits and why you should work for us!
You can apply online now.
If your experience and skills match our requirement we will call you to discuss your application further.
To find out more about BGL Customer Services visit our Facebook page here