Our Quality Community Leader is an exciting opportunity to join Compare the Market and take a leading role in in our testing community to meet the strategic needs of our delivery teams. This role will be pivotal in defining our Quality Strategy, continuously improving best practice and driving a quality culture to raise the bar on Compare the Market’s quality.
You’ll be a natural leader and exceptional people person to confidently articulate the strategic direction for our testing community, advising on complex change to facilitate our delivery agenda. You’ll be recruiting, engaging, supporting, coaching and developing our talent to increase security, stability, scalability and speed to market for our customers. You’ll easily make sense of complex or undefined business visions, creating structure, removing ambiguity, and championing simplicity. A standout quality of yours is helping to balance customer, commercial and technical outcomes.
What will it take?
• Keen to acquire new knowledge about best practice and bringing this to the table when it matters to influence change
• Experience as a thought leader with the ability to engage internal and external quality testing communities
• A natural leader, motivator, communicator and influencer
• Experience in contributing to improving performance, security, alerting and monitoring
• Ability to challenge accepted standards and the way we work, ask questions to improve performance and quality
• Hands-on manual and automated testing experience within a multiple technology environment
• Experience of both functional and non-functional testing
• Experience developing first class web and mobile solutions in an agile product teams
• Team first, no ego – be part of a great team united around making an impact
Our Tech Stack (You don’t need to be an expert in all of our tech stack to apply)
• Testing Frameworks: Selenium, WebdriverIO, Capybara, Cypress, Jest, Mocha, Jasmine
BDD Frameworks: Cucumber, SpecFlow
• CI/CD: GoCD, TeamCity, Jenkins
• Mobile frameworks: Appium, Expresso, XCUI
• Non-functional testing: Locust, owasp-zap, checkmarx, lighthouse
• Version control: GIT
Why choose us?
You might already know us - we're the ones with the Meerkats! Compare the Market has helped revolutionise the insurance market and we have been growing rapidly since starting in 2006.
We are on a mission to transform the comparison industry, moving beyond endless forms and generic search results, to a highly personalised, service-led experience. In order to do so, we recognise that we need to consistently deliver seamless, personalised customer experiences through a connected data and technology ecosystem.
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services.
We’re growing, and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, Beagle Street, Junction, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
We enjoy what we do, and we have fun doing it!
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.