Here at BGL Life we like to be different – we’ve sold life insurance products and services unique to the market since 2012. We’ve continued to change the narrative of life insurance to be less complex and replaced it with simplicity, speed and value, to allow our customers to obtain a quote in just 60 seconds and be covered in as little as 10 minutes! Our digital, technical and data capabilities are something to be proud of, and we recognise there’s still more to be done!
We’re focused on significant growth plans and are investing in several key strategic projects and initiatives over the next 12+ months. As our Product Manager you’ll help further develop and deliver the product strategy for BGL Life for each of BGL Life's chosen distribution channels and brands. Your role purpose is to:
- Understand the changing needs of our distribution channels and partners and develop a product strategy that maximises BGL Life's opportunities in these channels, appropriately positioning the product range against other providers in those channels
- Develop and manage strong relationships with each insurer and reinsurer partner to source and develop products that meet the needs of our customers
- Develop and manage strong relationships with providers of ancillary benefits (e.g. counselling, legal services, health & well-being etc.)
We’re a unique business division with a start-up feel, operating within an established fintech business that has clear goals to disrupt the markets we choose to operate in. We’re offering an opportunity for you to make strides in our product roadmap, whilst clearly and significantly distinguishing ourselves further from our competitors and pre-empting innovative customer product needs.
What will it take to be successful as a Product Manager?
Your subject matter expertise is key in order to bring us closer to our vision, along with the courage and confidence to challenge the status quo. Previous experience as a product manager (or alike) is preferred within the life and protection market.
- Knowledge of protection market and products and subsequent definitions across the market (i.e. Critical illness, Income protection, Payment protection, Life insurance etc)
- Strong understanding of product and pricing structures and ancillary services available within the protection market
- Your level and remit will expose you to various internal and external stakeholders whereby you’ll need to be comfortable in guiding and making decisions
Whilst we think the above skills are preferential, we remain open to hear from applicants that come from various backgrounds who believe they have some transferable skills for consideration. We will continue to review and progress the most qualified and suitable individuals.
Why Choose Us?
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. BGL Group has reached 9.5 million customers through brands including comparethemarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.