Product Manager – Pet
Compare the Market
the Market is one of the UK’s most loved brands. We’re best
known for offering an independent and impartial comparison on car and home insurance products, but we also do a whole
On top of saving customers time and money, we aim to reduce the
emotional labour of running a household. Our aim is to do the legwork on customers’
behalf, and to provide clear information and insight that help them
confidently decide which product is right for them.
and collaboration are the hallmarks of our Product team. Together, we own the evolution
of our core digital products and continually improve the experience we deliver to
We’re looking for a
customer-first and data-driven product manager, influencer and decision maker who
will grow our Pet Insurance product
As the Product Manager for Pet Insurance you are responsible for shaping the product vision
and roadmap for a strategically important growth area of the CtM Product
Portfolio. Your north star is growth of your product over a 3 year horizon. Central
to the role is the need to balance current commercial focus (revenue
management) with longer term innovations, while keeping customers at the heart
of everything we do.
Working with the engineering teams, you
will be prioritising sprint backlog while actively
driving all phases of the iteration process. While partnering with Engineering and Customer Experience,
you’ll own product decisions that provide the foundations of great
ensuring customer research and market insights are acted upon quickly and
trade-off decisions are made effectively.
We are passionate about people challenging themselves and building
on their successes with us to grow further. This role gives you the opportunity
to drive amazing outcomes for millions of customers.
- Collaborate with customers and partners to define
the vision of the product and product roadmap. Maintain a view on market trends
and competitive best practices.
- Translate the product roadmap into product
requirements/user stories and acceptance criteria with your engineering
- Track and report product performance post launch in
order produce success and future investment. Produce ROI analyses and
- Own growth
objectives including market share, revenue,
profit and return on investment for the product.
- Partner with product marketing to drive traffic and
PR to represent the product in market.
- Partner with the commercial team to develop and
implement optimal commercial strategies
- Prioritise the backlog and perform story
elaboration with your engineering partners. Review and accepts completed user
- Work with the design and engineering teams to
develop, test and deliver the defined capabilities and rapidly iterate new
- Coordinate communications, escalates and
facilitates resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the product
- A solid track record in digital product management;
defining product strategies that deliver valuable, and measurable outcomes.
- Experienced in launching new products and/or multiple
product features within an agile environment.
- Experience working with offshore engineering teams
to launch product enhancements in a collaborative fashion.
- Experience with rapid and iterative software
- Emotional intelligence and self insight that
enables you to quickly build trust across teams.
- Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to effectively communicate and disseminate a
- Proven capability making data-driven decisions, crunching numbers to create customer
led solutions for business strategy, product development.