We’re seeking a Pricing Modelling Analyst with exceptionally strong analytical and modelling skills, to develop our market-leading pricing and data science strategy. You will develop and apply new, ground-breaking statistical and machine-learning approaches a to drive commercial impact and customer outcomes. You will be part of a vibrant, ambitious team of statistical analysts and data scientists, who work collaboratively to drive both immediate trading opportunities as well as long-term strategic priorities.
In this role, you’ll:
- Build pricing models for Life Insurance policies, delivering our income targets for BGL Life, utilising predictive modelling and AI approaches.
- Increase model sophistication and further build the team’s analytical and data capability
- Deliver analysis and models using (e.g.) Gradient Boosting Machines, Generalised Linear Models, neural-networks, and stochastic analysis
- Deliver new, accurate models whilst working to demanding timescales
- Develop a deep understanding of BGL Life’s products, distribution and operating models
What will it take to be successful as a Pricing Modelling Analyst?
- You are ambitious, a forward thinker with a strong academic background, and with a graduate, or postgraduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or another analytical subject
- You are driven to take on challenging problems and finding creative and innovative solutions to complex analytical questions
- You are rigorous, quality-conscious, with a desire to learn and apply new analytical approaches.
- Confident, self-motivated, with strong communication skills
- You will be proficient with a range of packages (e.g. R, SQL, Python, etc)
- There will be no limits to your ability of using data science and analytical techniques, pushing the boundaries and wanting to deliver exceptional outcomes
About BGL Life
At BGL Life we like to be different – we’ve sold life insurance products and services unique to the market since 2012. We continue to change the narrative of life insurance to be less complex and replaced it with simplicity, speed and value, allowing our customers to obtain a quote in just 60 seconds and be covered in as little as 10 minutes! Our pricing, data and digital capabilities are something to be proud of, and we recognise there’s still a lot more to be done! We’re a unique business division with a start-up feel, operating within an established fintech organisation with clear goals to disrupt the markets where we operate.
Diversity and Inclusion: We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
Flexible working: We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.
We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout our application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made please let us know. We’ll work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.