What’s the challenge?
Compare the Market continue to ‘keep life simples’ for our customers, and our laser focus on making life easier for them has underpinned our commercial success and allowed us to achieve a large share of the Price Comparison Website market.
PPC is one of our most vital channels in maintaining and growing our share and as such we look for the best in market candidates to join our team.
As the channel responsible for the principal percentage of our revenue, you will use your PPC expertise to: create paid search strategies; oversee multiple projects; and, provide direction to our PPC agency, who are responsible for the activation of our paid search plans.
Given the importance of PPC to the success of Compare the Market we are looking for candidates that will be energised and motivated by this high-pressure, high expectations environment. The successful candidate will eager to challenge themselves and help deliver the pinnacle of best-in-class PPC strategy and activation to deliver optimal results for one of the UK's most loved consumer brands.
What will it take to be successful?
A proven track record of successful planning & managing paid search campaigns with strong practical experience, you will have worked either agency or client side, and can articulate the commercial impact you have had on digital businesses.
You will also be able to demonstrate:
• Experience of creating PPC strategies and leading internal and agency teams to implement them
• Understanding of PPC strategies and how this translates to activation & optimisation
• Responsibility for a sizeable or at least crucial paid search budget with clear performance goals set against this
• Deep knowledge of PPC activation and best practice
• Strong analytical and data analysis skills in excel and the like
• Expert in managing your own time and prioritising workloads according to commercial benefit
• Experience of working effectively outside of PPC silos with broader businesses and other related teams to work towards shared goals
• Understanding of future developments in PPC
• Innovative test and learn approach with measurable results
• A close working relationship with key paid search partners such as Bing and Google
• Competency in running PPC 101 workshops and training events
• Experience working client side and managing an agency team (desirable)
• Experience working in the finance/insurance sectors (desirable)
Why choose us?
You’ll have heard of Compare the Market and the meerkats no doubt – we’re one of the UK’s most loved brands and regularly produce award winning creative. We’re a diverse and talented team of passionate professionals and the opportunities to develop and grow are unrivalled. You’ll be part of something special – helping to keep our customers lives simples.
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services.
We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, Compare the Market, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10 million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas. We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it!
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.