At BGL Group, we’ve on offer a strategic role that will suit an experienced technologist seeking visibility at both a functional and team level to provide direction across multi-disciplined platform teams (DevOps & Release, Networks, Platform Infrastructure, and Midrange) within an commercially-minded Technology Operations unit. You’ll join a broader senior management community whereby you’ll support and contribute to each other’s cross-functional tech and customer priorities.
More specifically, you’ll operate across multiple work streams to increase our technology, proposition and operational capability. Integral to your remit is ensuring platform and system availability, stability and performance meet service levels through systematic, data inspired, and customer focused approaches. You’ll be key in reviewing our capacity planning and forecasting; watchful of system patching; and audit and assessment of end-of-life reviews.
In this role you’ll have the autonomy to contribute towards the broader tech, project and people strategy to shape our journey and priorities.
As a change enabler in technology, you’ll:
- Provide direction, manage and coach high performing teams to produce exceptional results and embed a culture of innovation and customer centricity
- Role model best practice – facilitate and build on a culture of quality, continuous improvement and technical excellence across all stakeholder groups
- Contribute to modernisation of Tech Ops teams and tech solutions, automation and ways of working
- Be Responsible for process/tech automation for efficiency and continuous delivery pipelines
- Develop business cases, provide project reporting, insights and input to steering/stakeholder groups
What will it take to be successful as a Platform Senior Manager?
We’re looking to advance our technical and digital expertise that enables exceptional customer experiences in an already competitive and challenging market. We will look to you to provide pace and focus to further our capabilities, to do so you’ll ideally have the following:
- Proven platform and DevOps experience (on-prem and cloud)
- Experience of Windows technology, incl. Active Directory, Exchange, O365
- Robust utilisation of Agile, Lean and DevOps tools and practices
- Familiar with direct people management and leadership
- Continuous delivery and SDLC experience
- Experience of fast paced 24/7 365 environment
- Thrives in a fast-paced digital environment
- Accustomed to engaging at a local level, and representing your team to Exec communities
- Credible mentor, leader & coach able to support people and teams through change – creating a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
Whilst we believe these to be critical capabilities, we do encourage your application if you’ve a diverse working background and believe you have transferable skills for further consideration. We will continue to review and progress the most suitably qualified individuals.
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
Diversity and Inclusion: We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
Flexible working: We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.
We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout our application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made please let us know. We’ll work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.