BGL Group are looking for an experienced IT Operations Manager to lead the Wintel Support team. This role operates within Business Services, IT Operations and has responsibility for the technical support and management of the server infrastructure across the Group. You’ll work closely with the Business Unit’s technical teams and Group IT Operation’s teams to deliver exceptional service, delivering management statistics and reports, and identifying and tracking trends that will corroborate decision and action.
As an ideal candidate you’ll be able to demonstrate strong project and relationship management experience whilst being driven and tactful in your approach to drive efficiency within the Wintel team. Customers and colleagues will look to you for support, so you’ll have the ability to communicate well, motivate your team, handle and delegate responsibilities, and listen to feedback.
Within our digitally focussed FinTech organisation, you will:
• Conduct all service delivery disciplines in accordance with daily/weekly/monthly schedule e.g. capacity planning and forecasting, patching, end of life review.
• Establish and maintain a team culture focusing on developing performance and enhancing mutual support between team members.
• Be responsible for the implementation of automation capabilities where possible.
• Ensure the team is appropriately resourced to ensure shift coverage.
• Report SLA’s with identified key stakeholders within the business through regular service review meetings.
• Lead, motivate and develop the team engendering a collaborative culture where talent and innovation is recognised and encouraged.
• Support personal and technical development for the Wintel team.
What will it take to be successful as an IT Operations Manager?
• At least 2-3 years’ experience in Service Management - All ITIL lifecycles
• Ability to translate technical jargon into business solutions
• Knowledge of windows technology, including AD, Exchange. O365
• 2-3yrs experience in Service Delivery across Wintel estate (physical/virtual)
Why Choose Us?
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. BGL Group has reached 9.5 million customers through brands including comparethemarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.