We currently have a new opportunity for a Learning & Development Manager to join a dynamic Learning and Development team who are going through an exciting period of change within the business. At BGL we pride ourselves in our commitment to continued learning and development, this role will work across the BGL Group which includes ‘Compare The Market’, ‘Group Functions’ and ‘Insurance, Distribution and Outsourcing’ (IDO).
This role offers both a varied and exciting opportunity for someone who prides themselves in developing talent and capability through innovative, engaging and blended Learning & Development initiatives in a commercial environment.
Working closely with Senior L&D partners, Senior HR Business Partners and key business stakeholders you will be responsible for contributing to an already successful team of experts.
In this position, you will be identifying capabilities needs and designing & delivering development interventions that address key skill gaps to support the delivery of our BGL group strategy. You will support the design and delivery of group wide, strategic L&D programmes and divisional capability plans; along with owning key parts of our core offer.
You will also feed into the forecast and management of budgets in line with our core offer and development needs; analysing data and assessing return on investment (ROI).
With a clear focus on a blended learning offering (70:20:10) you will design innovative and forward thinking development interventions that are scalable, sustainable and deliver a shift in capability.
What will it take?
• Must have expertise and proven ability to develop and implement pragmatic and innovative L&D solutions
• Strong blended learning experience with the ability to create digital content
• Experience in facilitating development programmes including soft skills, leadership development and team effectiveness
• Ability to identify key capability gaps and how to address, including demonstrable ROI
• A strong, engaging individual with the ability to influence at a senior level
• Able to analyse data and recommend insightful action
• Formal HR qualification and appropriate personality profiling qualifications (desirable)
• Qualified Coach or Senior Leadership level coaching experience (desirable)
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We have reached 9.5 million customers through brands including CompareTheMarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it!
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.