Lead Software Engineer – BGL Life, Home of Beagle Street
As a Lead Software Engineer within BGL Life, you will lead and inspire your Software Engineering community. You will be accountable for the coding standards, practices & technology for your domain and driving technical excellence within your community.
In this role you’ll lead by example by embracing our Build it, Run it, Own it ethos within your team/portfolio. You’ll be expected to drive continuous improvement, technical excellence and consistency through the communities.
As a lead, you’ll naturally possess a coaching and mentoring mind-set to drive and influence high performance across the engineering community and sharing best practice.
What will it take?
- Self-motivated, natural leader and motivator. Passionate about Technology
- Great communicator, influencer and negotiator
- Champion of agile engineering practices and lean principles, TDD, deploying often, pair programming and keeping things simple
- Passionate about quality, design assurance and technical excellence
- High level of coding standards and practices (OO, design patterns, testing approaches) – being a subject matter expert within your domain
- Experience of coaching, mentoring and driving technical excellence from a team of engineers
- Active learner, both within your technical and professional area of expertise, & taking control of your own career development
- Possess significant experience with C#, .NET frameworks and preferably .NET core coupled with technologies such as MVC, WebAPI and REST.
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We have reached 9.5 million customers through brands including CompareTheMarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it!
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.