What’s the challenge?
As a Lead Cloud Platform Engineer, you will lead and inspire the Cloud Platform Engineering PaaS product team in delivery. You will help cultivate best practices and a strong engineering culture by mentoring others, performing code reviews and collaborating with other teams. What will it take to be successful as a Lead Cloud Platform Engineer?
- Build, Run, and Own first-class solutions in an agile product team
- Lead by example and develop first class tech solutions
- Promote and ensure quality is at the heart of all technical solutions
- Work with the Application Architect to help shape future solutions and promote your products target vision
- Champion continuous improvement, identifying waste and helping teams to minimise it
- Deliver and promote technical excellence based on fundamental principles and standards that you contribute to
- Coach and mentor other engineers in technical excellence
- Consider the customer position in all technical decision making
- Understand and educate others on the target architecture for your product
- Ensure your product conforms to all artefacts of delivery
- Own the continuous improvement of the immune system
Why choose us?
- Demonstrate experience of strategic thinking in design and administration of cloud infrastructure leveraging your deep & broad knowledge of Cloud service, DevOps culture & Agile methodologies.
- Deep knowledge of Kubernetes and associated tooling.
- Remains calm during periods of pressure
- Self-motivated, natural leader and motivator. Passionate about Technology.
- Customer focused
- Great communicator, influencer and negotiator
- Ability to use your wealth of experience to find the right solution for any given task
- Demonstrate your ability to influence design decisions
You might already know us - we're the ones with the Meerkats! Compare the Market has helped revolutionise the insurance market and we have been growing rapidly since starting in 2006.
We are on a mission to transform the comparison industry, moving beyond endless forms and generic search results, to a highly personalised, service-led experience. In order to do so, we recognise that we need to consistently deliver seamless, personalised customer experiences through a connected data and technology ecosystem.About BGL
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services.
We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, Beagle Street, Junction, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it!Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.Flexible working
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.Have a referral?
You may have heard of our Talent Knows Talent incentive, where you could earn up to £1500 for introducing us to new talent!
To do this - find the button to refer at the right-hand side of the page, you'll need your contact's email address and then you're good to go. If you have any questions, please email your Recruitment contact.