Junior Software Engineer Apprentice– Register Your Interest
Salary: Starting Salary From £25,000
Location: Peterborough and London
Start Date - September 19 and April 20.
If you're interested in building a new career in the world of digital please register your interest here
These are amazing apprenticeship opportunities to launch your career into software engineering.
If you’re creative, enjoy problem solving and an active learner, then this is the programme for you!
Joining our team as a Junior Software Engineer at BGL Group, you’ll learn how we develop and deliver first class tech solutions to contribute to an evolving culture of innovation, enthusiasm and passion. You’ll have the opportunity to work within a small agile team to develop first class software engineering solutions, whilst having access to a wide range of technologies to create a first class customer proposition. We’re invested in your success and will support and encourage your professional and personal career development.
In our one year intensive training programme, there is a strong focus on self-learning and development, you‘ll spend your first week understanding our innovative culture at BGL.
You’ll then spend the next 12 weeks studying with the prestigious Makers Academy which is a leading web developer boot camp. This will kick start your coding journey on a Level 4 Software Developer Standard Apprenticeship.
Following on from your boot camp you’ll join one of our tech teams at our Peterborough site, where you will develop your career towards either a Software Engineer or Test Engineer and deliver real business projects that add value to our customers.
What will you be responsible for as a Junior Software Engineer?
- Developing first class software engineering solutions
- Work alongside team members to deliver features and add value to your team.
- Solving complex problems
- Champion simplicity
- Understanding how our customers interact with our products
- Working with agile methodologies and lean thinking methods
- Presenting your findings and making recommendations to improve business performance
- Contributing to the team by sharing knowledge, ideas and findings
What will it take to be successful as a Junior Software Engineer?
- You must have Maths and English Language Grades A*-C (or equivalent).
- You must NOT hold a qualification at the same level or higher that the apprenticeship offers within the same sector
- You’ll be an active learner, both within your technical and professional areas of expertise, taking control of your own career development
- You’ll be naturally inquisitive
- You will have excellent communication skills with the drive to contribute to a team
- You’re highly logical with creative problem solving skills
- You have a passion for technology, with some exposure to modern programming language (e.g. .Net, C#, React,SQL .node)
This is to register you’re interested in an Apprenticeship Programme here at BGL Group within Software Engineering for Sep 2019 and Apr 2020.
We never stand still…
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. Home too many brands including, comparethemarket.com, Junction, BeagleStreet, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We’re trusted by more than 10 million customer in the UK alone - with this foundational success we continue to grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
We grow because we live and breathe our values…
We are AMBITIOUS. We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability. We are CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's. We are AUTHENTIC. We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it. We are UNITED. We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together.
We continue to keep the customer at the centre of what we do here at BGL Group – we have been incredibly successful, because we act quickly and think differently. We’re always ahead of the game; using the best technology, working with the best people along with our industry leading partners to ensure we’re keeping things, simple – That’s not all, our digital world is about to get a whole lot bigger, with ambitious plans for growth.