Junior Cloud Platform Engineer
An exciting new opportunity has
become available for a Junior Cloud Platform Engineer to join
ComparetheMarket’s Cloud Platform team, working in a highly analytic and
technical role. This role offers a broad and varied opportunity for you to work
across multiple tech teams to deploy CTM’s products & services onto CTM's
AWS Infrastructure, utilizing existing & emerging technology. Working on
real time monitoring for our website you will code and create templates for
dashboards, metrics and alerts to highlight all activity and behaviour of
customers interacting with our products.
What will it take to be successful as a
Junior Cloud Platform Engineer?
- Build, Run, and Own first-class solutions in
an agile product team
- Influence the design, security & cost
management of CTM’s AWS Infrastructure.
- Work across CTM product teams providing
technical direction on the deployment of their products & services
into AWS Infrastructure platform.
- Drive efficiencies & value from the CTM AWS infrastructure,
exploiting existing & emerging technology to deliver value for our
- Share your success within CTM, regularly contributing to a wider
audience than your immediate peers.
- Take opportunities to mentor other members of the team.
- Demonstrate experience of strategic thinking in design and
administration of cloud infrastructure leveraging your deep & broad
knowledge of Cloud service, DevOps culture & Agile methodologies.
- Good knowledge of AWS Infrastructure and associated tooling.
- Able to write and understand several scripting/programming
- Self-motivated, natural leader and motivator. Passionate about Technology.
- Customer focused
- Great communicator, influencer and negotiator
- Ability to use your wealth of experience to
find the right solution for any given task
- Demonstrate your ability to influence design
We are completely open to speaking
with junior coders all the way up to experienced senior developers.
1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to
3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household
financial services. We have reached 10 million customers through brands
including comparethemarket.com, LesFurets.com, BGL Life, Budget Insurance &
Dial Direct, as well as our partnerships business which provides insurance for
some of the UK’s leading high street brands. We make a difference for our
customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together.
We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it!
the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working
remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to
embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the
diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an
inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas
– supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.